Saints Transcripts: Sean Payton, Tonah Kpassagnon, and Chris Hogan Week 1 recaps 9/13/21 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1631602752135.png

Saints head coach & players discuss the Week 1 victory versus the Green Bay Packers

NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton

Conference call with local media | Monday, Sept. 13, 2021

I don't think we saw Cesar Ruiz get a lot of snaps at training camp with him concentrating at right guard? Was that part of the plan or would Will Clapp if he wasn't on Injured Reserve be moved to center?

"I'm going to say that first off, he's worked center snaps every day and played that position, (but) had Will been healthy, we probably would have went that direction first. He did a really good job in this game with the injury we had with Erik."

Was it important for the defense to finish the way they did when they forced that last turnover and kept Green Bay out of the end zone for the game?

"We're all competitors. You're trying to defend every blade of grass when you're on the field. There were a lot of newer players or other players in the game at that time, not only for us but Green Bay, but the team is wanting to finish on a high note. That's good to see."

For the interception by Marcus Williams did the coverage dictate him to make a break like he did?

"I think there's a little bit of coverage and a little bit of instincts. He really covered some ground. When it was first thrown my eyes took me right to where the ball was being thrown. He did a great job of taking it down and extending, but yes, part of that is coverage and his instincts within the design of the coverage." ...

Full Transcript - NewOrleansSaints.com

Last edited:
Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom