Saints trio of Brandin Cooks, Willie Snead and Michael Thomas might be NFL's best receiving corps (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are the New Orleans Saints' Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks and Willie Snead the best three-man receiver corps in the NFL?

You certainly can make the argument for the trio.

Through eight games, Thomas (47 receptions, 573 yards, five touchdowns), Cooks (41-596-5) and Snead (37-475-2) have combined to catch 125 passes for 1,644 yards and 12 touchdowns.

The Raiders' trio of Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree and Seth Roberts is the only other in the league to produce more yards and catches (132 receptions, 1,848 yards, 12 touchdowns), but that has been over nine games, one more than the Saints.

The Lions' trio of Golden Tate, Marvin Jones and Anquan Boldin has also been impressive. The Detroit threesome has 121 catches for 1,460 yards and 11 touchdowns in nine games. ...

Full Story NOLA.com

I think that argument can be made.

Drew has become comfortable with his guys...I wouldn't mess with that. They are just scratching their potential. Who Dat!

You got that right. The potential for this trio down the road is enormous.

yes our WR trio is studly, but I think this article says just as much about the QB as the WRs. all of the teams listed in the OP have capable QB's. it doesn't matter how good your WRs are if nobody can get them the ball. just ask Deandre Hopkins...

Man, who was touting Willie Snead 15 months ago? And I remember the "Cooks is not a #1" talk, too (though, in reality, Thomas is pretty much the Saints' #1 WR.

So happy to see this development. I'm glad that we've gotten Drew the help he needs from a matchup perspective, so that the burden to make plays does not fall squarely on his shoulders.

And, because I am so rarely on-the-nose correct about many things, allow me to toot my own horn:

I will say, Cooks has proven to be a hard worker and IMO is still developing as a player. I think he will eventually be one of the most respected receivers in the league, but as someone mentioned, he is still in his age-23 season, and he's already so destructive to opposing defenses. It took Antonio Brown until his age-25 season to break out, so the sky is the limit for Brandin.

I remember a few years ago we lamented the lack of big plays we were able to pull off. Well, last year we were tied for the league lead in 20+ yard passing plays, and Cooks was a huge part of that.

The only "bold" prediction I can make at this point about this team is that by the end of the season, there will be a strong argument that Cooks, Thomas and Snead are the best trio of wide receivers the Saints have ever had.

Still got a ways to go, I guess, but we're getting there.

Success breeds success. As they get better and stretch defenses even more, they will have more and more success. I'm so confident about them getting better because it all starts with Drew.

yes our WR trio is studly, but I think this article says just as much about the QB as the WRs. all of the teams listed in the OP have capable QB's. it doesn't matter how good your WRs are if nobody can get them the ball. just ask Deandre Hopkins...

Or Andre Johnson, who retired after not ever having a truly consistent, reliable QB to throw him the ball.

Colston, Devery & Meach were good as well, but not as good as these guys can be. I would love for this to be 10 years ago. I can only imagine how good they would be with Drew. Sucks that it's at the end of his career and he'll only get a few years with them.

Lol, if Drew stays healthy for the next few years, I think enormous might be an understatement!

They're so stacked at WR that none of them will ever get superstar stats, just like the 2009 era.

"So many weapons."
"Can't guard them all."
"Pick your poison."

The next saints QB will start his career with these 3 in their prime. The trio has a good chance to win titles with both QBs

(though, in reality, Thomas is the Saints' #1 WR.

I luv ya Doug, but I had to ftfy.

I need a big catch, I know where I am going -- the guy who can beat Richard Sherman off the line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom