Saints trying move future picks to acquire another top 75 pick? (1 Viewer)

Miami might be a team willing to do this! If their already trying to stock up on 2020 picks with current players hey might as well use this years draft picks!

That’s a great point.

And this doesn’t surprise me at all. I also really like Butler and Brown.

We are also historically terrible at hiding who we like in the draft so I believe all of this, haha

If it's for an O player, i hope it’s Hakeem Butler. That dude would FEAST in our O like no other. At 62 i hope it’s for the BPA on D. Maybe for Taylor Rapp, Nasir Adderley or Jachai Polite, though i doubt those guys falls that far. At this point, Jachai Polite, maybe.

If it's for an O player, i hope it’s Hakeem Butler. That dude would FEAST in our O like no other. At 62 i hope it’s for the BPA on D. Maybe for Taylor Rapp, Nasir Adderley or Jachai Polite, though i doubt those guys falls that far. At this point, Jachai Polite, maybe.
I wonder if they would trade 2020 1st round pick to grab Butler/Brown if they fall to round 2.

Walterfootball.com and nfldraftscout.com both have him rated as a late day 3 selection.

I’ve never seen him play, but his hype here seems to contradict national sites.

Walterfootball.com and nfldraftscout.com both have him rated as a late day 3 selection.

I’ve never seen him play, but his hype here seems to contradict national sites.
Hakeem Butler? He's a first or second round pick. I wouldn't trust any site that has him late day 3. That's ridiculous. He'd be a steal at 62.

Attachments

• EEB47F4D-C135-4996-95CB-EB85D29A5966.png
    EEB47F4D-C135-4996-95CB-EB85D29A5966.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 41
Please let this be true! I don’t doubt we are going to trade up into another top 100 pick which won’t mortgage to much still allowing us to keep most of next years draft. As I have said before this is likely to be the last real impactful draft for Brees. Some of these guys might contribute as rookies or in 2-3 years which are guaranteed to be his last. I want to save most of our picks for a potential trade up for Tua but definitely would like to see us add a pick in the early 3rd rd.

Seeing that they are even rumored to be interested in Hakeem Butler has me super excited. This kid lands with the right team and he will be a beast from day 1. He has been working with Calvin Johnson who he is very similar to in size at 6’5 230 with great athleticism as well running a 4.48 with 36” vert but not quite on CJs level. He has arms near 2” longer at 35 1/4” to 33 3/8” along with bigger hands at 10 3/4” to CJs 9 1/4”. Those are some pretty impressive numbers next to a freak like CJ. Now Butler is no Calvin Johnson or we wouldn’t be in the discussion but the kid has elite potential. He would be such a perfect fit in this offense. IMO he can be the next Mike Evans and we have that coach to untap that potential.

AJ Brown might be the most NFL ready WR in the draft. He is a bigger Jarvis Landry imo and again in the right situation can be an impact player day 1.. Either one of these guys would give our receiving core an instant boost and set us up with the best young upcoming receiving core in the NFL.

Andy Isabella who if we get back into this range I hope we have interest in. With what defenses already have to worry about with us he would be a matchup nightmare as Paytons new toy. If you don’t know of him go watch tape and read up on him. Is a mix of Tyreke Hill/Julian Edleman. Isabella has been training with Randy Moss to prepare for the NFL who has super tough on him and working his butt off. This type of experience is invaluable. I remember hearing Welker talk about the impact Moss had on his career learning more from him then anywhere else although they were 2 completely different WRs..

Last edited:
I can definitely see us doing this. Although if we want a 2nd rounder, I'm not sure Miami would want to deal with us. Since we'll be picking 32nd (SB champs), they'd basically be getting a 2nd round pick with a 5th year option. Hey, maybe that works for them.

I have no problem trading away a 2020 pick. Get a couple usable players and then wait a few rounds and get some camp bodies.

I can definitely see us doing this. Although if we want a 2nd rounder, I'm not sure Miami would want to deal with us. Since we'll be picking 32nd (SB champs), they'd basically be getting a 2nd round pick with a 5th year option. Hey, maybe that works for them.

I have no problem trading away a 2020 pick. Get a couple usable players and then wait a few rounds and get some camp bodies.
Sounds like they want to repeat the Kamara trade if their guy is there in the 3rd. Trade a 2020 2nd for a pick in the top half of round 3.

Was just talking about this possibility today, no way they're going to sit out the third and fourth rounds. I could also see them repeating the kind of trade they did to get Kamara where they trade into a round without giving up anything this year.

Edit: what Slaw just said

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom