Saints trying to stay grounded after stellar start - AP article (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints trying to stay grounded after stellar start
Associated Press
Updated: September 21, 2009, 7:33 PM EDT

METAIRIE, La. (AP) - At this rate, Drew Brees could throw for 72 touchdowns this season, a seemingly preposterous total that would obliterate the record 50 TD tosses Tom Brady threw in 2007.

The New Orleans Saints quarterback would rather steer clear of such talk, turning his focus to team goals.

"How about 16 wins?" Brees said Monday.
More...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10106864/Saints-trying-to-stay-grounded-after-stellar-start

It's going to be one of those years where it will be hard to stay out of the spotlight. ESPN already highlighted Brees' pregame chant. There will be questions about records and accolades if he keeps it up. Distractions will be part of it. In 2007, the team could not handle it...hopefully they learned from that.

Everyone wants to stay under the radar but that's not what good teams do. Everyone could see how good the Pats were in 07' and they were still able to have an amazing year. That really is the next step for this team. We know there good, now the rest of the country is starting to take notice. So can they remain focused with the spotlight on them and still win?

I think Brees is right, there is something different about this team.

Everyone wants to stay under the radar but that's not what good teams do. Everyone could see how good the Pats were in 07' and they were still able to have an amazing year. That really is the next step for this team. We know there good, now the rest of the country is starting to take notice. So can they remain focused with the spotlight on them and still win?

I think Brees is right, there is something different about this team.
Patriots lost bro. And frankly I thought the Ravens had them beat on a MNF game but they choked it.

Most Seasons (in recent memory anyway) didn't end with the top regular season team taking home the trophy (although a few did)

Last edited:
Patriots lost bro. And frankly I thought the Ravens had them beat on a MNF game but they choked it.

They still went 18 - 1. I know they lost and I agree about the Ravens game and even the Eagles game nearly got away from them but that still does not take away from how they absolutely dismantled teams early in the season. They seemed to fade down the stretch and into the playoffs. That offense was sick but they had to carry the team. Plus they never had a power run game like we have been able to produce these first two weeks. I think our defense is marginally better than the Pats was that year.

If they could really run the ball well I think they would have won the SB. They had no answer for the Giants pass rush. Something a good run game can slow down.

this team reminds me of the 99 Rams. Amazing offense capable of firing on the passing game, or can beat you in the running game with a defense that creates turnovers and gives that offense even more chances to score. Hopefully this can continue throughout the season

Remember, it wouldn't be the Saints without the heartache. I am rooting. I am hoping. I am cheering. But I am not buying my Super Bowl tickets just yet.

Ahhhh how sweet it would be though.

Being 2-0 guarantees nothing more than the worst this team can do is 2-14. Randall echoed those sentiments. Surely T.O. is looking at what DeSean did and thinking I can duplicate-- in triplicate. Surely Leodis is thinking back to week 1 when lowly Detroit ran a kickoff back for 87 yards and a sure TD save a rookie set of live legs.

If you own the resturaunt or the bar or the adoring eyes of a would be passer-by with a glance upon one of the boys that the town's toasting, be kind, rewind. Lest one needs a fire estinguisher for their new do, level that head and it won't be in flames. Take that salt in granule form. Two feet terra firma folks. 24 hours have past and the pot boils a stew of let down. Remember the Alamo!

All that stated... I can see where this might be our best season ever. But lets keep the horse in front of our bandwagon cart. This is golden. But "it is what it was."

Color me Hungry.:soapbox:

Last edited:
16 wins?
C'mon you guys aren't gonna fall for that trap are you? Its Week 3

1) Winning the SB......GREAT!!!

2) Winning 16 games.......INCREDIBLE!!

3) Beating the Falcons twice in a season.....PRICELESS!!!!

1) Winning the SB......GREAT!!!

2) Winning 16 games.......INCREDIBLE!!

3) Beating the Falcons twice in a season.....PRICELESS!!!!

The MNF game vs. them might be one of the most watched MNF games all season.

It's week 2. That's what the article was about and that's what this team is saying to each other. It's week 2. There is a lot of football left to play. A LOT of football.

BTW, the Falcons aren't as good as everyone thinks they are.

That was for you af89

Being 2-0 guarantees nothing more than the worst this team can do is 2-14. Randall echoed those sentiments. Surely T.O. is looking at what DeSean did and thinking I can duplicate-- in triplicate. Surely Leodis is thinking back to week 1 when lowly Detroit ran a kickoff back for 87 yards and a sure TD save a rookie set of live legs.

If you own the resturaunt or the bar or the adoring eyes of a would be passer-by with a glance upon one of the boys that the town's toasting, be kind, rewind. Lest one needs a fire estinguisher for their new do, level that head and it won't be in flames. Take that salt in granule form. Two feet terra firma folks. 24 hours have past and the pot boils a stew of let down. Remember the Alamo!

All that stated... I can see where this might be our best season ever. But lets keep the horse in front of our bandwagon cart. This is golden. But "it is what it was."

Color me Hungry.:soapbox:
:1zhelp:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom