Saints Tryouts (1 Viewer)

abnrgr

Rangers Lead the Way!
Reaction score
They worked out a TE, a few long snappers and two defensive linemen. Looks like Hunt will not be rejoining us.

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dang, here I was hoping the Saints were doing some street tryouts.

On a serious note, they are some strange ones. I figured cornerbacks would be getting some tryouts. Secondary are playing like rookies.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I never look into these tryouts very much. In-season tryouts are routine. Sean Payton loves to have a “short list” of players he can call in the event of an injury. These tryouts typically happen on mondays or Tuesday’s during game weeks. But this is a BYE weekend for us. So it makes sense. That said, if we are planning on signing someone, you’ll likely see it today, as that player couldn’t not join the team for six days as part of Covid protocol.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dang, here I was hoping the Saints were doing some street tryouts.

On a serious note, they are some strange ones. I figured cornerbacks would be getting some tryouts. Secondary are playing like rookies.
Not so sure. You aren’t trying to find starters but tighten up the back end of the position with these tryouts. And I think the backups have played ok considering they are backups

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow 41 years old. Guy must work hard to stay fit. Props to him.
Well, we had Harper on the team a couple of years ago. Grey hairs and all.

Edit:
Guess I over judged his age. Still only 37.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Well, we had Harper on the team a couple of years ago. Grey hairs and all.

Edit:
Guess I over judged his age. Still only 37.
Plus if he’s only a long snapper, his body really isn’t getting beaten up like other linemen on a regular basis.

bleedit1960

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Wish they would work out David Irving. Looks like Raiders are going to get him. Just got re-instated. Was turning out to be a good pass rusher, but could not stop smoking weed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette Saints make interesting choices with their bye week free agent tryouts SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Saints defense vs Nick Foles Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Marquez Callaway may have surprised some Sunday, but the Saints have been seeing this Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton addresses Saints secondary concerns, praises many facets of offense from win over Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints revert Austin Carr, Juwan Johnson and Will Clapp back to the practice squad Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Why did the Saints call a timeout after the break between the 1st and 2nd quarters? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Once again, Saints game-week preparations include hurricane contingency plans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints survive, Bucs cruise, Falcons blow lead (again); see where things stand after Week 7 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at usage of receivers, defensive line, secondary in Week 7 win over Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Social media reactions from the Saints 27-24 win over the Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Week 7: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Beignets and Café au Lait: Saints Remain Undefeated in the Division Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ndcc Saints Which past (year) Saints defense would make our 2020 team scary good? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Fleur-de-Links, October 26: Saints emerge victorious against Carolina Panthers following bye week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees excellent throughout, Marcus Davenport comes up with big sack in New Orleans Saints victory against Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints' Cam Jordan takes shot at Antonio Brown: 'He's got to get to Week 9' SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette 3 Takeaways from Saints Victory Over Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Brees' clutch precision lifts Saints past Panthers, 27-24 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints fans celebrate a win after fans allowed inside dome for the first time this season SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Game recap - New Orleans Saints defeat Carolina Panthers 27-24 SR News Page Articles 0
Dleger 2020 Saints “D” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
CanadianSaint Saints vs Panthers Week 7 2020 GIFs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
How was Saints' 1st game with fans in Superdome? For these lucky Who Dats, it was 'phenomenal' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Teddy Bridgewater's return: From big plays to a seat on Saints' bench; here's how it happened Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the 1st sack of the season for Saints DE Marcus Davenport changed the game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints show Panthers that there’s no substitute for the real thing Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Saints navigated a crisis again, and it was evident how they'd do it from the start Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints win down top WRs with 3 a.m. game plan Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How clutch were Saints on 3rd down vs. Panthers? They did something NFL hasn't seen in 3 decades Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: 3,000 fans brought some "juice" to the Dome Sunday, and so did the Saints' offense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Cam Jordan: Saints knew Joey Slye wouldn’t make 65-yard field goal Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Panthers Postgame Show | Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Sean Payton Talks Win | Saints-Panthers Postgame | 2020 Week 7 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Edge Panthers in Game of Inches SR News Page Articles 0
Saints stretch out to beat Panthers with inches to spare, a 'Who Dat' chant to remember Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints hold off Panthers, 27-24 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL I'm new happy saints win Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Saint Kamara This goes down as arguably the best play calling game of Sean Payton's Saints career Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Saints hold off Panthers for 27-24 win Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What we learned, what is trending and final thoughts from the Saints' 27-24 win Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kamara runs Saints to victory after they run out of receivers, 27-24 over Carolina. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara lead depleted Saints offense past Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints 21 Panthers 17: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LT Terron Armstead suffers arm injury vs. Panthers, questionable to return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees' latest milestone? Saints QB the first in NFL history to hit 7K completions Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints grab 21-17 lead before halftime Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints, Panthers trade touchdowns; Saints up 14-10 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
So_$@int Silly Saints Saints vs Panthers game day thread. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Saints vs. Panthers: Week 7 open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Inactive players for Saints matchup against the Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0