Saints Twitter snapped (1 Viewer)

A one hour drive by bus.
yup and the transportation of their equipment and hotels and scrimmage space and accommodations for food and anything else that is needed when our team is playing "outside" the city where they typically operate.

yup and the transportation of their equipment and hotels and scrimmage space and accommodations for food and anything else that is needed when our team is playing "outside" the city where they typically operate.
Its not like they haven't done it before.

Its not like they haven't done it before.

Correct. And I recall that didn't work out too well for the team.

Regardless of the 1 hour proximity -- it's a road game. So our team, if it wants to play in front of fans, will have road games for the rest of the season.

It may seem easy -- but logistically and for the players -- it's a road game.

A one hour drive by bus.

Except the times when it's two hours, lol. I've driven from Metairie to Baton Rouge regularly enough to know that I have no idea how long that trip will take on any given day, especially if Baton Rouge is having a broken arse traffic day.

It's about saving lives bro.

It's absolutely not about that. When the question arose in early september she flat out said that in order to host a game that the state would need to give her a bigger share of federal dollars. When the question arose again we had the infamous phase 2 declaration. Now that it's not phase 2 she's tried to hide behind the retractable roof argument which quickly backfired. She has expressed zero objective metrics by which to decide whether we can host fans. This is all about political leverage at the expense of the citizens who need help the most. As someone who works in the service industry, I'm disgusted and beyond angry. She needs to get out of the way and go back to California to play out her benevolent dictator fantasies where they are wanted.

Last edited:
This mayor sucks . I guess she's ok with people losing their jobs.
She doesn't care about the city which is weird because she will have no legacy when she leaves. She grew up in California and runs this place like she never left there.
It's funny because I've seen these type of comments said before just on a national level. Cantrell for whatever reason seems hell-bent on making sure that she serves one term as Mayor. I don't think she realizes that she doesn't enjoy the benefit of 40% of New Orleans supporting her no matter what she does. This has been a colossal PR failure by Cantrell.

No... A roof does nothing at 25% capacity.

Especially, when a dome must have anti-bioweapon filtration system.

Even then... Viruses don't rise up out towards the atmosphere without wind. That's just absurd.
The Superdome filtration system, has the ability to detect and to filter out anthrax. It is very high tech and sophisticated.

It's absolutely not about that. When the question arose in early september she flat out said that in order to host a game that the state would need to give her a bigger share of federal dollars. When the question arose again we had the infamous phase 2 declaration. Now that it's not phase 2 she's tried to hide behind the retractable roof argument which quickly backfired. She has expressed zero objective metrics by which to decide whether we can host fans. This is all about political leverage at the expense of the citizens who need help the most. As someone who works in the service industry, I'm disgusted and beyond angry. She needs to get out of way and go back to California to play out her benevolent dictator fantasies where they are wanted.
Well said, very well said! She will loosen up in November, depending on certain events. It is a dangerous game she is playing, that I will not get into on specifics. But just watch a month from now.

Bottom line is. She has and continues to refuse to set a benchmark for the 25% number of fans. She talks in riddles and generalities. She is also going against all of medical metrics presented to her, by medical professionals and not from some jack leg politician.

So... if this will lead to her being one and done, why not sit back and let it happen?

If I wanted someone gone and I was certain their actions would achieve that, I wouldn't be campaigning for them to change course.

Reports on the news said LSU is willing. Fans have to adhere to LSUs rule of face masks and distancing. Baton Rouge’s Mayor is all for the saints playing at Tiger stadium.

My issues would be with the naming rights. Would MB want money back due to less exposure? I wonder if there is something in the contract
I don't live in Louisiana but I've been to that dome twice and I've loved the experience being around all my friends (All you Saints fans) but if MB wanted some money back I'd say the Mayor deserves that backlash. Being that this is MB last season with naming rights cause they chose Atlanta over New Orleans they may not even care, then again, money talks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom