Saints Twitter snapped (1 Viewer)

Reports on the news said LSU is willing. Fans have to adhere to LSUs rule of face masks and distancing. Baton Rouge’s Mayor is all for the saints playing at Tiger stadium.

My issues would be with the naming rights. Would MB want money back due to less exposure? I wonder if there is something in the contract

Were they open for those games, and how does a hole in the roof a hundred feet over your head help with a virus not spreading? I honestly don't know the answer to those questions.
No... A roof does nothing at 25% capacity.

Especially, when a dome must have anti-bioweapon filtration system.

Even then... Viruses don't rise up out towards the atmosphere without wind. That's just absurd.

Latoya the Destroya is banking on federal dollars. She should be recalled. She doesn't care about the city which is weird because she will have no legacy when she leaves. She grew up in California and runs this place like she never left there.

The Saints are calling this woman out on being a liar. It wasn't a bluff.

The Saints know that they need us (at least a few anyway) as much as we need them. That's how I see it.

:sir-saint:

All retractable roofs that the Dome doesn’t have.
What's the difference between a fixed roof and a retractable roof that's closed? Semantics?
Were they open for those games, and how does a hole in the roof a hundred feet over your head help with a virus not spreading? I honestly don't know the answer to those questions.
I can answer the first question, they were all closed for those 8 games listed that have been played and I'd wager that the 2 games this coming week will also be played with their retractable roofs closed.

Scroll down to the "Game Info" table and PFR states whether the roof was open or closed for each game.

If games end up being played in Tiger Stadium, she can kiss her re-election bid goodbye.

Yeah, so I don't think "Saints social media guy's epic clapback on Twitter" is going to be what gets fans in the Superdome. If the team wants to play with fans in the stands, which is a completely reasonable thing to want, the Tiger Stadium route is the way to go.

Has it been reported anywhere that LSU is actually willing to let the Saints schedule games in Tiger Stadium? Or did the meetings not go well?

There is no way having an open roof versus a closed roof is relevant, when to get into the stadium its roofed. The concessions stands and parking lot are all roofed. The roof in the stadium is not relevant to where people are sitting for a virus to pass. I could understand saying something like you have to buy the whole suite as a closed space, but other than that, it is more about communicating complacency because a partial crowd is allowed when people are still dying and getting infected. The NFL can't come out and say that because as soon as one person gets sick or dies and links it to the league the league risks lawsuits. The league is also struggling with just keeping games happening with its own players getting infected. What the league does n't want to admit is that the owners are so incredibly rich they have years of profits save to have an entire season with no ticket sales and still be profitable off of just tv ratings, which are probably higher with having things like two Monday night and Tuesday night games ironically caused by Covid-19.

Why would it be a bluff? There is no reason it cannot happen. Logistically, it's not a big deal.

Yeah, but logistically it is a challenge that is equivalent to a road game for the team -- and I'd be willing to bet you anything they were hoping the news of their meeting with LSU would be enough to push the mayor to allow them to play in the Dome.

Yeah, but logistically it is a challenge that is equivalent to a road game for the team -- and I'd be willing to bet you anything they were hoping the news of their meeting with LSU would be enough to push the mayor to allow them to play in the Dome.

A one hour drive by bus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom