Saints Twitter snapped (1 Viewer)

The Saints' Twitter tweet is right. In all of the instances cited, the roofs were closed. Cantrell is essentially arguing that it's safe to ride in a car with a closed sunroof but not in a car without a sunroof.

And even if Atlanta, for instance, opened the roof of its stadium, how would that hole in the ceiling make it any less likely that COVID isn't spread in the stands? Completely open air stadiums--sure.

I'm willing to bet SR donation money before the Saints even play 2 more games that the entire NFL is struggling to continue and the argument for fans seems really stupid. The 2nd wave is about to hit like a tsunami and the death rates as well as hospitalization rates are about to go up due to the loss of UV bombardment during the fall and winter months.

If I'm the NFL I would want to reduce as many exposure points as possible to the players to try and make the season last as long as possible. The last thing I would want is one of 15k fans to spread covid to the guy doing security who spreads it to someone else in the organization and suddenly dealing with an outbreak. 15k fans for the rest of the season wont even make as much money as 1 game of TV contract money.

90% of the board is deathly afraid Of the virus.

But 100% of you think it’s a joke they close the dome.... Ok

And don’t even mention “safe social practices” 😂.

I'm willing to bet SR donation money before the Saints even play 2 more games that the entire NFL is struggling to continue and the argument for fans seems really stupid. The 2nd wave is about to hit like a tsunami and the death rates as well as hospitalization rates are about to go up due to the loss of UV bombardment during the fall and winter months.

Sadly, I think you are correct.

If I'm the NFL I would want to reduce as many exposure points as possible to the players to try and make the season last as long as possible. The last thing I would want is one of 15k fans to spread covid to the guy doing security who spreads it to someone else in the organization and suddenly dealing with an outbreak. 15k fans for the rest of the season wont even make as much money as 1 game of TV contract money.
Oh geez..

So... if this will lead to her being one and done, why not sit back and let it happen?

If I wanted someone gone and I was certain their actions would achieve that, I wouldn't be campaigning for them to change course.
Because we don’t want to see the city we love and/or live in crippled because of her incompetence.

It was in the multiple emails from the team sent to season ticket holders.

here is part of it from the first email sent 9/18.
Throughout this offseason, we have been working closely with Ochsner, ASM Global (manager of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome) and other stakeholders on a comprehensive health and safety plan that would allow us to host fans in a limited capacity once our local and state officials determined specific Covid-19 metrics were met and consistently trending in the right direction. These metrics include local and statewide testing positivity rate, number of new cases reported, hospital capacity, etc. Based on the current numbers and positive trends the state has granted approval, however, city officials have informed us that they will not permit fan attendance for our next home game against Green Bay on Sunday, September 27.

Last edited:
It was in the multiple emails from the team sent to season ticket holders.
What is stopping Ochsner, and SMG from making a public statement about their capabilities? The City has let it be known that their capabilities are limited by public safety official furloughs.

What is stopping Ochsner, and SMG from making a public statement about their capabilities? The City has let it be known that their capabilities are limited by public safety official furloughs.
You don’t think they have shared their findings with the city? Of course they have. They obviously shared it with the state who swiftly gave their approval. The Saints made their findings public to the season tickets holders, why should they turn this into a pissing match with a dictator that keeps moving the goalposts on what criteria needs to be met to allow fans?
Because all criteria have been met and it’s no longer about public health. It’s about the money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom