Saints Twitter snapped (1 Viewer)

Because we don’t want to see the city we love and/or live in crippled because of her incompetence.

New Orleans has always been crippled in one way or the other by somebody's incompetence. It's like a requirement. It's who we are (I bet my old job had a potluck in celebration of Edwin Edwards being released from prison). But we survive.

The Saints playing 5 games in an empty dome isn't going to move the needle. We already survived the Saints playing NO games in that dome.

From what I'm reading in the thread, thirteen more home games and she'll be gone anyway. That's why I don't get all the hand wringing. It's very melodramatic.

New Orleans has always been crippled in one way or the other by somebody's incompetence. It's like a requirement. It's who we are (I bet my old job had a potluck in celebration of Edwin Edwards being released from prison). But we survive.

The Saints playing 5 games in an empty dome isn't going to move the needle. We already survived the Saints playing NO games in that dome.

From what I'm reading in the thread, thirteen more home games and she'll be gone anyway. That's why I don't get all the hand wringing. It's very melodramatic.
The city survived the Saints playing in other cities after Katrina because of the commissioner. Benson had 1 foot out the door to Texas.
You don’t tell your professional sports franchise that it’s a good idea to go play in other cities.

The city survived the Saints playing in other cities after Katrina because of the commissioner. Benson had 1 foot out the door to Texas.
You don’t tell your professional sports franchise that it’s a good idea to go play in other cities.
Sounds like the Saints approached the idea and she gave them her blessing. If she didn't, you woulda been mad about that too.

Louisiana department of health and infectious disease has already stated that it’s ok to have 25% of fans in the stands, along with top officials at Ochsner. This is all on the mayor.
But what does
So does the Super Bowl parade happen in Baton Rouge as well?
That would be petty. Lol

Reports on the news said LSU is willing. Fans have to adhere to LSUs rule of face masks and distancing. Baton Rouge’s Mayor is all for the saints playing at Tiger stadium.
Please. Have you watched LSU games this year? With every shot of the crowd, I saw *maybe* one mask being worn. Everyone knows college kids are all about following rules.

Framed another way, we can see that only Texas, Indiana and perhaps Georgia (?) have relaxed their stances on having a lot of fans at games. The vast majority of the country hasn't.
Florida is willing to have stadiums at full capacity

I dont think the Saints bluffed.

I think they were actively working on a plan. This now puts that plan into action.

If we play at Tiger Stadium next home game, it wasnt a bluff.

They were basically begging her to allow them to play in Dome. Very respectfully i might add. Her constant rebutting of the requests with little to no information to back up her decision is whats going to land her 1 and done.

I'll be happy for her to be one and done, But it won't have anything to do with how she has handled COVID outside of the way she has handled the issue with the Saints.

It's the lack of any leadership or plan in other things, her underhanded dealings, the people who got her elected, and the way she treats people that will make me happy to see her go. Her lack of communication with the Saints is emblematic of how she deals with everything. No communication. I don't really feel strong one way or the other regarding whether they should let 20,000 in the Dome and I see both sides of it, but I do think the Mayor has handled the issue poorly with the Saints due to lack of communication and lack of acting professionally. That being said, Saints PR probably should not be airing their grievances on social media. That's not really professional either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom