Saint's UDFA Rankings (1 Viewer)

Stalwart385

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Throc the "Doc" with a 1.39 RAS... Ouch.

Atleast he makes up for it wtih O-line Smarts, and technique savvy.

Throc the "Doc" with a 1.39 RAS... Ouch.

Atleast he makes up for it wtih O-line Smarts, and technique savvy.

Yeah, I had to double-take on that one. At least it's at o-line where some tests can matter less. Good rankings though.

Our Scouting Department came through again.
I would not discount Adrian McGee the Offensive Lineman from LSU. I believe he can provide quality depth for the OL.
WR Marquez Callaway might surprise.
WR JaJuan Johnson
RB Tony Jones Jr. could push Washington
LB Joe Bachie
Hopefully DT Malcolm Roach gets motivated, because he as the strength and talent to make the final 53.
I just get excited about the possibilities this season.

Joe bachi just makes me think of Adam Bighill. Fan favorite but no real chance to make difference. I’d be happy to be wrong!

Joe bachi just makes me think of Adam Bighill. Fan favorite but no real chance to make difference. I’d be happy to be wrong!

You can't sell me on any particular UDFA being a lock to make the roster. But in Bachie's defense he's more than just a fan favorite. He was draftable by all of these national sources. The NFL didn't think so though. Just one of the top names worth watching imo.

I would like to see this spread sheet with our draftees added for a point of reference.

I would like to see this spread sheet with our draftees added for a point of reference.

I felt like I should add a "Blue Chip" category. Not the typical meaning of blue chip but in the sense of the top 250, 500 etc.

1.5 point - Top 100 prospect (or 9+ RAS)

If you don't like that it would just be 5, 4.5, 5 as the totals. Stevens though looks rough. I think it's understandable if they projected him as a QB. Wish I had a RAS at least.

Untitled2.png

Maybe top 50 would have been a better cut off?

Last edited:
Damn when did they sign Adrian Magee? Sweet, I wanted to end up with at least one LSU Tiger from the best college football team of all time. He probably won’t make the team, but we still have one.

I like this UDFA class for sure like usual. Joe Bachie was probably the best LB not drafted and we could use some competition there. Throckmorton was one of the better offensive lineman not drafted as well. I was surprised that Roach didn’t get drafted. I just don’t know if we have a spot for him. The two receivers were guys I liked late in the draft, so getting them was nice cause we can also use some competition at that spot. I just wish they could of gotten a better corner like Lamar Jackson from Nebraska. They must be pretty high on this Nichols kid.

I felt like I should add a "Blue Chip" category. Not the typical meaning of blue chip but in the sense of the top 250, 500 etc.

1.5 point - Top 100 prospect (or 9+ RAS)

If you don't like that it would just be 5, 4.5, 5 as the totals. Stevens though looks rough. I think it's understandable if they projected him as a QB. Wish I had a RAS at least.

Untitled2.png

Maybe top 50 would have been a better cut off?
Very cool.

Damn when did they sign Adrian Magee? Sweet, I wanted to end up with at least one LSU Tiger from the best college football team of all time. He probably won’t make the team, but we still have one.

I like this UDFA class for sure like usual. Joe Bachie was probably the best LB not drafted and we could use some competition there. Throckmorton was one of the better offensive lineman not drafted as well. I was surprised that Roach didn’t get drafted. I just don’t know if we have a spot for him. The two receivers were guys I liked late in the draft, so getting them was nice cause we can also use some competition at that spot. I just wish they could of gotten a better corner like Lamar Jackson from Nebraska. They must be pretty high on this Nichols kid.

Yeah curious about that XFL guy. Corner could use a player. Guess we'll have to wait and see how they use him in camp. Not too late to add a FA though.

I just can't think of a time that a highly regarded UDFA OL that was a poor athlete managed to make any kind of impact with the Saints. Landon Turner was the most prominent example, and he barely played. Throckmorton never seemed like a fit. Magee doesn't have any test results but his reputation is as a big, strong, poor athlete. Paulo also doesn't have any test results, but he is a smaller built and was regarded as being able to stay outside at tackle at this level, so he must be at least a decent athlete.

This post confirms what I thought after the draft: Jordan Steckler is our best prospect and best scheme fit. As a good athlete with short arms, he's sort of the Trey Hendrickson of the offensive line.

I just can't think of a time that a highly regarded UDFA OL that was a poor athlete managed to make any kind of impact with the Saints. Landon Turner was the most prominent example, and he barely played. Throckmorton never seemed like a fit. Magee doesn't have any test results but his reputation is as a big, strong, poor athlete. Paulo also doesn't have any test results, but he is a smaller built and was regarded as being able to stay outside at tackle at this level, so he must be at least a decent athlete.

This post confirms what I thought after the draft: Jordan Steckler is our best prospect and best scheme fit. As a good athlete with short arms, he's sort of the Trey Hendrickson of the offensive line.

Those zone schemes can be tough if you can't move. Not to mention screens. Hard to get creative. I'd have to dig deeper to say for sure. There might be something behind that poor Throckmorton RAS score.

Our Scouting Department came through again.
I would not discount Adrian McGee the Offensive Lineman from LSU. I believe he can provide quality depth for the OL.
WR Marquez Callaway might surprise.
WR JaJuan Johnson
RB Tony Jones Jr. could push Washington
LB Joe Bachie
Hopefully DT Malcolm Roach gets motivated, because he as the strength and talent to make the final 53.
I just get excited about the possibilities this season.
I like Juwaun Johnson's chances in the slot.

It's an uphill battle to crack this team, with such a deep OL, but I'll be rooting for Throckmorton. Sounds like a classy bad-arse name. Don't make him angry, you wouldn't like him if he's angry. Giving a warning before you kick arse...THAT is classy! Good luck kid! If you make this team, you'll have earned it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom