Saints understand reported frustration of Brandin Cooks, say his opportunities will come (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story - theadvocate.com

Brandin Cooks used to playing a central role in the New Orleans Saints offense, so he found himself in a surprising position Sunday.

With offensive fireworks exploding all around him, Cooks was not targeted in 36 passing attempts by Drew Brees.

A cryptic Instagram post by Cooks on Monday referenced the need "to turn into a businessman," and ESPN reported Tuesday that the third-year wide receiver is growing increasingly frustrated with his role in the offense.

Cooks declined to answer questions Wednesday, preferring to stick with Thursday, his traditional interview day, but Brees said frustration with the number of touches a player's getting has actually been quite common in his 11 years with the Saints.

"I would say every week or every two weeks, ever since I’ve been here, there’s probably, whether I hear about it or not, maybe a little, a bout of frustration on the part of somebody, but we’re all professionals here," Brees said. "And I think my message to these guys always is, ‘Your opportunity will come.’ "

By Joel A. Erickson

Full Story - theadvocate.com

See also - New Orleans Saints will wear throwback uniforms against Detroit Lions Sunday

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom