Saints Uniform Tweaks Concept (1 Viewer)

bigdub81

Official SR Logo Designer
Reaction score
Since the introduction of our white pants, many of you like myself, have stated that they are just a bit too bland without some kind of striping. Here I've added the customary wide black stripe, but this time it has two thin gold stripes on the outsides mimicking the jersey numbers. There is no FDL at the hip on either set and I've added alternate socks to both just see what they would look like.

Attachments

• NFL Vapor - Saints.png
    NFL Vapor - Saints.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 262
Since the introduction of our white pants, many of you like myself, have stated that they are just a bit too bland without some kind of striping. Here I've added the customary wide black stripe, but this time it has two thin gold stripes on the outsides mimicking the jersey numbers. There is no FDL at the hip on either set and I've added alternate socks to both just see what they would look like.

The one on the right is basically the color rush jersey, correct? I do dig the pants on the left more than just the plain white. I sort of envision a huge gold fleur de lis on the upper thigh at an angle, with a black outline. Those plain whites just need something.

The one on the right is basically the color rush jersey, correct? I do dig the pants on the left more than just the plain white. I sort of envision a huge gold fleur de lis on the upper thigh at an angle, with a black outline. Those plain whites just need something.

I don’t mind the FDL on the wide stripe because it doesn’t run into anything. Putting them on the stripes on the color rush set just looks awkward. Even Carolina got rid of their logos at the hips.

I like the thick black stripe with the gold thin lines in each side. Since they have to keep the black neck stripe on the white jerseys, the pants should have black as well, otherwise it doesn´t look good.

I don’t mind the FDL on the wide stripe because it doesn’t run into anything. Putting them on the stripes on the color rush set just looks awkward. Even Carolina got rid of their logos at the hips.

I was thinking more along the lines of something like this. After popping the logo on in photoshop, I realize that it doesn't really match the rest of the uniform. I do like the black stripe. It definitely could use something to make it less plain.

Attachments

• Uni.jpg
    Uni.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 198
I think it is the popular opinion of fans and SSF board members that the white pants just don't make sense. We already have a pair of white pants with our color rush that look better. We should either make our color rush the full time away, or leave the uniforms like they are with no white pants. White/Gold pants looks great and is what we won SB XLIV in. White/black looks good also, although it is a bit bland. But both are better looking IMO than the non color rush all white.

While this is an opinion, the Saints have a great tradition in the current uniforms and have had success in them. Adding too many options is a way of getting away from the tradition that we have in place.

The white pants need a stripe. It simply looks better.

Don’t like the plain white pants used against JAX. This team has some of the best uniforms in sports. Keep it that way.

The Color Rush set brings in a ton of gold through the numbers and stripes on the sleeves and pants. All of which helps draw our helmet color in even more which when paired with so much white, it gives a clean and crisp look.

I just think the team tried to capitalize off of the CR’s popularity with fans and it was 50/50. Without that stripe going with our traditional away jersey, the look falls flat. Adding a decent stripe would fix that.

I thought I would hate the all whites, but I ended up really enjoying them. I wouldn’t want them to be our standard away uniforms, but they’re a clean alternate. I’d really like to see a black version of the color rush that is a nod to throwbacks, but a little more modern.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom