Saints vs. Atlanta (Anyone want to tailgate) {merged} (1 Viewer)

steltz02

The Real Deal
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
.....This may be a little too early to start this thread, but I couldn't wait any longer I am ready for this game.

I know there are lots of Saints fans that live in Atlanta that are on this board (I am one of them). I am also sure that lots of fans are coming from Louisiana to watch the game in Atlanta on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, 11/26.

I don't have any real plans how to make this work as of now, but I was hoping that someone with some insight as to how tailgating works at the Georgia Dome could help me set something up for all the Saints Report and other Saints fans. It would be awesome to get 50-100 (or even 10) people together before the game for some tailgating fun and some who dat chants.

Let me know in this thread if you guys are interested in having a tailgate party before the Saints/Falcons game, and we will try to get some plans going.

I'm pumped.... For the tailgating and THE GAME.

I'll be there with about 10 other Saints fans. We are parking in a pay parking lot on the corner of forsyth and luckie. I'll have my tailgating bus, a e-z up tent, and a airblown inflatable with me,plus beer and some Popeyes chicken. It would be great if everyone would park in this spot. It's about 6 blocks from Phillips arena and it has enough parking for about 50-60 cars. Last year I think it was 20.00 to park there.

Attachments

• 9-27-2006-14_edited.jpg
    9-27-2006-14_edited.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 9-27-2006-19_edited.jpg
    9-27-2006-19_edited.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
It looks like it is pretty far from the Georgia Dome. 3/4 of a mile. Is this a good central location for everyone? and SaintMike are you interested in being the "official" SaintsReport tailgating spot for the Falcons/Saints Game.

Someone told me that there is a lot on Northside and Rhodes that she thinks is 8 to 10 bucks.

Check google maps, put it on hybrid, and look at that area just to the west of the dome. Looks like a great central place for a party, where the Saints fans and that beautiful bus will be seen.

It would be much closer to the dome. What you think SaintMike?

Here is an arial image of the Georgia Dome and a lot that is really close. I talked to a guy over there that said buses can be parked in the "Marshalling area" which I have indicated in blue and tailgating is allowed. Yellow lot costs $8, how do you guys feel about this location for tailgating.

Map-Lot-location2.jpg

Is anyone else as pumped about this as me?

Me and Ridgeben will be there and will be staying at the Hilton! There is a great bar in the Marriott (right next to the Hilton), called Champions.... This is the bar that we always go to for the SEC Championship went LSU is playing and the SEC B-Ball Tournament.

I think that it is about 5 blocks, but we are down for meeting anywhere, we just want to hook up with some other Saints fans!!!

Where is everyone sitting? We are up there in Section 341!

I "think" I have tickets on the second row is section 119. I am pumped.

I want to find a place we can all meet and get toghther, but this post hasn't yet gathered much interest. You got any ideas daguirre?

I "think" I have tickets on the second row is section 119. I am pumped.

I want to find a place we can all meet and get toghther, but this post hasn't yet gathered much interest. You got any ideas daguirre?

Like I said me and Ridgeben are staying downtown about 5 blocks from the dome at the Hilton and there is a great bar in the Marriott called Champions..... Maybe we can meet there and then head elsewhere after that, but I will talk to Ben and get back to you tomorrow!

Hope to see ya and a lot of other Who Dats in Atlanta!!!

The only reason i said the lot at forsyth and luckie is because my friend that moved to Atlanta parks there for work. It's kinda a walk, but, I don't want to bring the bus into the middle of the Falcons fans area. They might vandalize it. I'am even worried about it parking it on the street at his house over the weekend. The blue lot area looks ok...but since it's a bus lot, I doubt they will let cars in there...so, we couldn't all park there to tailgate and I know I can't get into the yellow lot.

Last edited:
The only reason i said the lot at forsyth and luckie is because my friend that moved to Atlanta parks there for work. It's kinda a walk, but, I don't want to bring the bus into the middle of the Falcons fans area. They might vandalize it. I'am even worried about it parking it on the street at his house over the weekend. The blue lot area looks ok...but since it's a bus lot, I doubt they will let cars in there...so, we couldn't all park there to tailgate and I know I can't get into the yellow lot.

Dude that bus is so awesome man.....I want one just like it...

The blue lot is made for only buses. There is security at the front gate that lets buses in for $20 each. I talked to the manager of all parking in the Georgia Dome complex his name is Miles Hamilton and he said that if cars park in the yellow lot, they can walk over to the blue lot and tailgate next to the bus. YOu may want to call him as well his number is (404)223 4109.

I have attached a map which is a close up "hybrid satellite" image of the yellow lot and marshalling yard.
map4.jpg

What do you think Saint Mike. I just moved to Atlanta a few months ago, don't know much about the area yet, but I am just looking for a good area to get a bunch of Saints fans together. I know there will be 1000's of us there.

I'll be there... I'm going with 3 Falcon fans, but it'll be sweet when I'm the only one smiling on the way home.

So, should I look for the bus in the blue lot?

DWD that's not actually the "blue lot" it is called the marshalling yard. Right next to the YELLOW LOT.

I'm planning on being pretty intoxicated, so if you see a guy in a black Drew Brees Throwback jersey, a backwards Saints cap, and eye black stickers wander by your location give a shout out and I'll come through. I'd love to meet some of you guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom