Saints vs Broncos Gameday Updates 11-29-20 (2 Viewers)

This is going to be the strangest game, in the strangest season, in the strangest year.

I dont think weve really had time to understand that a guy who was a 3 star recruit, wasnt good enough to play QB at the football powerhouse Wake Forest, converted to WR, went undrafted. Didnt make a squad. Went work in sales, signed as a WR to a practice squad a month ago, and was still on that practice squad 15 hours ago - will start at QB for a NFL team today against the hottest defense in the league.

Theres 20-25 guys on earth who can run a NFL team, and probably no more that 12 that are franchise QB material. Theres thousands upon thousands who have tried and failed. Theres heisman winners, college star QBs, high draft picks and guys that are groomed in a system behind legends that fail to do the job and get washed out. After that theres thousands upon thousands of successful 4 year college QBs that arent even close to sniffing the NFL. Then theres thousands of up and down college QBs who just get through their college careers and the NFL isnt even on their radar.

All those guys fail. Then theres this guy. Somewhere between Onome Ojo and Al Bundy. You will never again see a more ill prepared person start at QB for an NFL team. It is somehow bizarre, in a year that has been nothing but bizarre.

I am probably more excited to watch this than any game this year. For about 2 quarters.

Not saying it’ll happen, but wouldn’t be funny if this guy came out blazing and was just throwing darts to his WR’s? Very odd story indeed.

Went to bed at 2 and got woken up at 4. Not ideal gameday situation! Maybe I’ll avoid the gameday thread for my health

Broncos tried to activate a coach today to be their QB, interesting

Regardless of who’s lined up on the other side today it’s important for coach to use this game to help Taysom along in his career and learning and growing stages.
team cannot tak s game as a joke even if we do get to score 40-0 on them. Win and move onto the next team.

and probably no more that 12 that are franchise QB material.

Even if you took those 12 and put them into this guy's situation, (not playing QB for a few years, no snaps during the week, worked on a game plan last night WITHOUT the rest of the team, and behind an O Line that didn't work on the game plan this week), how would those 12 do against a top NFL defense?

I think this guy can break contain a few times and maybe get a few good runs, even a TD, but it's hard to imagine him running any effective offense without a lot of miscues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom