Saints vs Falcons Domecoming game thread (2 Viewers)

Yeah, he's Frankie Muniz, Malcolm in the Middle.
I'm really late to this party (I'm just now watching the game) but I've been saying that since the day we got Payton. Funny thing, I workout with Frankie Muniz at my HIIT gym I go to in Scottsdale, AZ nowadays.

Still feel the electricity! Now, if Tony Kornheiser could just shut up.
And I forgot how absolutely terrible Joe Theisman was... Could not stop taking about how the "turf" was the reason Atlanta was playing so bad.... Kinda like Please stop! man

But wow what feeling reliving that night..... SP was so young....Drew could not throw 30 yards yet he was magnificent... Watching Duuuueceee....ScottFajita...Charles Grant... had forgot about him.....

Wonderful night

Wow that was fun.

Everybody remembers the blocked punt (which never gets old), but I totally forgot the blocked field goal too. And I forgot Morton Andersen came back against us for that game.

And all the usually pedestrian players with super-human efforts. Josh Bullocks, the three new LBs, everybody making plays against the Falcon super-stars.

We all got older over the past 14 years, but I think Payton has aged the most. He looked like he was 25 years old.

We all got older over the past 14 years, but I think Payton has aged the most. He looked like he was 25 years old.
Head coaching an NFL franchise is no picnic. :scratch:

was fun rewatching the game last night, brought back so many great memories & I was calling out player names all night...

First, what an enjoyable evening and reading the interplay amongst the former teammates provided an bit of an insight into the comradery which these guys still feel.

My major takeaway was how fun it was to see our offense in its infancy. Drew is obviously not really fully recovered from his surgery and has not developed any real chemistry with his receivers. The play calling was similar to what we see now but much more simplistic; maybe Sean did not fully understand the strengths of his players to put them in favorable match-ups like he does now.

What really jumped off the screen was how talented Colston was from the get-go, and how Lance Moore was not used at all. I looked up the season’s stats and Lance did not have a single catch.

This has nothing to do with the game tonight but has to do with another one of our Saints punt blockers and a good cause...

Speaking of Mauti, years later he did it to them again.
[/QUOTE]
And Steve Gleason tweeted something like

Hey Atlanta. Never punt. ?

My 5 year old son wanted to watch the replay tonight since he fell asleep Monday night. I just realized that Bryan Scott should have recovered that Mike Vick fumble on third down. If that happens, Gleason doesn’t have the chi acne to block the punt. How big of a mistake by Scott is that for the future of Saints Lore to be created?

Does anyone know the TV ratings for the game yet, especially in the NOLA market?

My 5 year old son wanted to watch the replay tonight since he fell asleep Monday night. I just realized that Bryan Scott should have recovered that Mike Vick fumble on third down. If that happens, Gleason doesn’t have the chi acne to block the punt. How big of a mistake by Scott is that for the future of Saints Lore to be created?
I had said something similar toward the beginning of the thread and Sean Fazande (I think) also tweeted something along those lines.

On the episode of the show “The Timeline” that focuses on the Rebirth game, Scott Fujita also mentions that his forced fumble (paraphrasing) “almost prevented the most important play in Saints history” from occurring.

I guess it possibly can all be summed up by one word: destiny
Does anyone know the TV ratings for the game yet, especially in the NOLA market?
Team site says 10.9

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom