Saints vs Falcons Domecoming game thread (1 Viewer)

We started tailgating that morning around 6 a.m. At that time, we tailgated in the fenced parking lot near the corner of Poydras and S. Claiborne. We were the first and only ones in the lot that early in the morning. We walked over to the Dome and made the circle all the way around it. We ran into some of the crew from ESPN and they just couldn't believe we were out there so early. I told them they had no idea what they were about to see. This was going to be the biggest party and celebration they had ever witnessed. I remember when this game was originally scheduled for Sunday but then the league stepped in and moved it to Monday night and the Dome had to update the big re-opening banner that was on the side of the Dome.

It was an amazing day but fast forward to game time. Through all of the madness trying to get in, I got separated from my friends. We sit in the terrace but before going to my seat I went sit in the first row around the 30 yard line. I needed to get close to that field and take it all in. I sat there with my head in my hands and cried my eyes out. There was a time when myself and many others thought we'd never be in there again and it was just completely overwhelming. What an experience to be in there. I would say that attending the Super Bowl is first on my list, and then it's too hard to choose between this game and the Vikings NFCCG. I'm really looking forward to watching tonight, enjoy everyone!

i remember walking around the back of the dome where all the media trucks were parked and seeing news channels from countries around the world and journalist doing live coverage in every language know to man. I also remember my buddies dad worked for Bell South and whom ever took over and he installed communication wiring for most of the Super Bowls in the dome. he said they did double the work of any super bowl and they didn't dream there would ever be that much reporting on one game....

It felt so surreal....driving to the game and hanging around the Dome. The Crowds began to grow and grow and I remember thinking, wow I can not believe all the Reggie jerseys, me included, that fans had on....this is right before we all knew what exactly we had in Drew Brees. I remember fans laughing, high fiving, the Whodat chants that broke out everywhere sent chills down my spine, in a good way. :)

I also remember feeling at that moment so proud that the fans here at SR did our small parts in helping to keep the team in New Orleans...that was just prior when we all got together, chipped in and had flyers and a banner that a plane actually flew over Tiger Stadium to Save Our Saints....we really did that and for me all those emotions boiled to the top as we chanted Whodat outside the Superdome. The roar of thousands of Whodats as we poured into the Dome once they allowed us in. Describing it as “Overwhelming” just doesn’t capture the moment ...and when Steve Gleason blocked that kick....I cried like a baby from Section 609.

We really were back. Sorry for the long post brothers and sisters. I can’t wait to listen to the game rebroadcast tonight.

It felt so surreal....driving to the game and hanging around the Dome. The Crowds began to grow and grow and I remember thinking, wow I can not believe all the Reggie jerseys, me included, that fans had on....this is right before we all knew what exactly we had in Drew Brees. I remember fans laughing, high fiving, the Whodat chants that broke out everywhere sent chills down my spine, in a good way. :)

I also remember feeling at that moment so proud that the fans here at SR did our small parts in helping to keep the team in New Orleans...that was just prior when we all got together, chipped in and had flyers and a banner that a plane actually flew over Tiger Stadium to Save Our Saints....we really did that and for me all those emotions boiled to the top as we chanted Whodat outside the Superdome. The roar of thousands of Whodats as we poured into the Dome once they allowed us in. Describing it as “Overwhelming” just doesn’t capture the moment ...and when Steve Gleason blocked that kick....I cried like a baby from Section 609.

We really were back. Sorry for the long post brothers and sisters. I can’t wait to listen to the game rebroadcast tonight.

Thanks for sharing longtime.
This whole thread is giving me goosebumps!!
Who Dat!!! :0056::beerchug:

So, I don't have access to ESPN since cutting the cable and cancelling streaming cable service. However, remember this full game available on Youtube?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom