Saints vs Falcons (Realist Perspective) (1 Viewer)

For the rushing the first thing that would come to my mind is that when yall are blowing out teams they can't run it. Sure you might stop them well the first quarter or so when the score isnt too bad, but what if it was close game and teams run the ball more? I know he mentioned the ypc is low, which it is, but that isnt alot of carries. And shutting down Kevin Smith wasn't too hard because he only ran 15 times and they really didnt have a pass offense early to make yall respect Staffords arm.

The Saints held Kevin Smith to 20 yards on 15 carries. Last week he ran for 83 yards on 24 carries against he Vikings, who were very stout against the run last year. Our run D ok I think, the occasional big run play will occur, but you won't be able to grind out first down just running.

Our DEs are actually a bad match for the team as a whole I think. They're good run stuffers but since the other team will often play from behind pass rushers would have been better.

Your defense has improved enough to where it can slow us down? I hate to break it to you, but just adding a FS and getting secondary people back does not make your defense that much better.

A real defensive coordinator certainly helps.

I dont get why falcon fans are so paranoid about the saints. Countless threads on there board about the saints defense not being that great and the offense isnt all that and now it has spilled over here. We dont play until Novemver the 2nd so whats the point. So much can happen in between. They cant stand it that people are saying good things about the saints especially since this is supposed to "the year".

We split games last year when we had no defense at all.

You certainly did a fabulous job holding Delhomme to 300 yards, I'll give you that.

Throwing to your tight end probably isn't the best way to come back from a 17-point deficit, but that's OK.

Get ready for a beatdown.

You just keep thinking that. I believe you are in for a surprise.

Here's what concerns me most... The fact that these dirty Falclown fans have just as many green squares of prestige under their names as I do! ...and I've been here at SR.com since the Ditka years!!!!!! WHAT'S UP WIT DAT!!!!!

I say we sweep the 'coons.

Correction, you have 1 guy that can do it... and Abraham has proven to be quite injury prone. Last year was perhaps his healthiest of his career, and he's already battled some problems this season. The next best pass-rusher you have on your D is Kroy Biermann, and he's basically the same as our Jeff Charleston.
haha well in reality they are just green squares.
I dont know who Charleston is, but he must be legit. Biermann is for real. The 2 sacks that he had in Miami weren't a fluke. People on our board have been wanting him to start for a while now. Dont ask me why JA98 is still starting cause i couldn't tell you.

ok, i give some of what you said is accurate. But the eagles have a much better Defense than Atl does and we just ran up over 40 on them at their place. That caused the Eagles offense to divert from their game plan. Ryan is a good quarterback, Roddy white is a great WR, and Gonzales, but who is the other weapons in the offense that can take over a game passing the ball. Ryan is good but he is not Brees. the Saints have Colston, Bush, Shockey, Henderson, and Bell. Atl has there test this week at New England. If you beat New England in New England after what happend in New York sunday. Then you will have earned my repsect and then I will believe that you may be able to derail Drew. However, i doubt that any team short of the Jets or the Ravens can derail Drew and this offense.
I agree that Eagles D is better, but i dont think that yall neccesarily have more great offensive weapons than us. I think if Henderson came to ATL he would not have the success he has had in NO. And don't put Bell in there as some great playmaker unless your going to add Norwood for us. Bell is a solid runner, but my grandma could have succes when opposing D's have to worry about Brees throwing for 400 yds every game.
Like i said earlier Eagles D is no doubt better than ours, but without McNabbthat changes everything about the game. Lets say McNabb is there and they match yall with points all game. That will change their whole defensive philosophy. Not to mention the turnovers probably wouldn'tt have came if Donnie Mac was behind center, but thats all debatable.

I agree that Eagles D is better, but i dont think that yall neccesarily have more great offensive weapons than us. I think if Henderson came to ATL he would not have the success he has had in NO. And don't put Bell in there as some great playmaker unless your going to add Norwood for us. Bell is a solid runner, but my grandma could have succes when opposing D's have to worry about Brees throwing for 400 yds every game.
Like i said earlier Eagles D is no doubt better than ours, but without McNabbthat changes everything about the game. Lets say McNabb is there and they match yall with points all game. That will change their whole defensive philosophy. Not to mention the turnovers probably wouldn'tt have came if Donnie Mac was behind center, but thats all debatable.

Ok, sorry guys, I let you down I cant write a better joke that this.

Didnt you read this post?
um if were #1 than what our the falcons .5?
Offense:

#1 in Points Per Game (46.5 - *** 2nd All-Time Through 2 Games), Scrimmage Yards Per Game (468.0), Passing TDs (*** 1st All-Time Through 2 Games), Passer Rating (132.9), Value Over Average (51.7%, see below)
#2 in Yards Per Play (7.0), 1st Downs Per Game (25.5), 3rd Down Conversion Percentage (59%), Passing Yards Per Attempt (9.8), Completion Percentage (75%)
#7 in Yards Per Reception (13.1)
#8 in Rushing Yards Per Game (145.0)

Defense:
#1 in Passer Rating (53.4), Interceptions (6), 20+ and 40+ yard Rushing Plays (0, 0)
#3 in Completion Percentage (52.8%), Value Over Average (-25.2%, see below)
#5 in Yards Per Rush (2.9), Rushing Yards Per Game (59.0)

Special Teams:
#32 in Value Over Average (-12.9%, see below)

Combined:
#1 in Passer Rating Differential (+79.5 - For more on Passer Rating Differential, see: Cold Hard Football Facts, Defense-Adjusted Value Over Average (64.0% - For more on DVOA, see: Football Outsiders
#3 in Total Penalty Yards (49)
#6 in Turnover Ratio (+3)

So, the Saints aren't just the top offense in the league currently, they are one of the most efficient defenses... just as many SR members have been conjecturing. ... and, as I'm sure most of us already knew, our special teams are atrocious. =)

Ok, sorry guys, I let you down I cant write a better joke that this.

Didnt you read this post?
um if were #1 than what our the falcons .5?
Offense:

#1 in Points Per Game (46.5 - *** 2nd All-Time Through 2 Games), Scrimmage Yards Per Game (468.0), Passing TDs (*** 1st All-Time Through 2 Games), Passer Rating (132.9), Value Over Average (51.7%, see below)
#2 in Yards Per Play (7.0), 1st Downs Per Game (25.5), 3rd Down Conversion Percentage (59%), Passing Yards Per Attempt (9.8), Completion Percentage (75%)
#7 in Yards Per Reception (13.1)
#8 in Rushing Yards Per Game (145.0)

Defense:
#1 in Passer Rating (53.4), Interceptions (6), 20+ and 40+ yard Rushing Plays (0, 0)
#3 in Completion Percentage (52.8%), Value Over Average (-25.2%, see below)
#5 in Yards Per Rush (2.9), Rushing Yards Per Game (59.0)

Special Teams:
#32 in Value Over Average (-12.9%, see below)

Combined:
#1 in Passer Rating Differential (+79.5 - For more on Passer Rating Differential, see: Cold Hard Football Facts, Defense-Adjusted Value Over Average (64.0% - For more on DVOA, see: Football Outsiders
#3 in Total Penalty Yards (49)
#6 in Turnover Ratio (+3)

So, the Saints aren't just the top offense in the league currently, they are one of the most efficient defenses... just as many SR members have been conjecturing. ... and, as I'm sure most of us already knew, our special teams are atrocious. =)
VinDieselRepost.jpg

See and that kind of adds to what I'm saying anyone that thinks Vin diesel is tough or cool is probably a falcon fan.
haha agreed. I don't think he is cool or tough. Thought it was a good opportunity to post that pic though :)

*** is RDCLARKJR when we need him.

Jesus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom