Saints vs Falcons (Realist Perspective) (2 Viewers)

and atl beat us once last year without bush. before that we spanked y'all 4 straight.
HaHa well i could dig in the past and say that we have beaten yall more than you have us, but that is irrelevant because its so in the past. We both have our franchise QB's now.

My grandma could assemble a team that would have beat us two years ago.

The only matchup that concerns me is Abraham. But I was also worried about Trent Cole this past weekend, Im beginning to believe Bushrod, with his younger legs, may give us a better chance against fast DEs, so we'll see w/ that one. Will Smith is coming around, he got pressure 2-3 times last week in Philly and the wildcat had our DEs rushing w/ caution. Anthony Hargrove can collapse the middle at anytime and he will only get better the more stamina he builds up. We ran a few stunts where our DTs collapsed the middle and our DEs came out the middle and those plays worked because of the push Hargrove and Ellis got.

Our DBs match up 100% better this year compared to last w/ the ATL receivers. Gonzo is a tough match up, but so is Shockey, so that is a wash. By the time we play ATL, we should have 3 RBs 100% healthy, I see the ATL defense getting worn down w/ a healthy, fresh RB in on every play. I feel we have the matchup advantage on O across the board at every position. And by the time we play ATL, our defense will have a few more games under their belt to gel.

I think the division title will be up for grabs w/ these 2 teams and I can only hope both teams are 100% healthy when we play each other.

Honestly superman, I cant wait for us to play yall
should be a great game, I really think it will be us and yall at the end of the season fighting for the NFC south crown
after two weeks i think thats obvious..

Both Defenses are still unproven and though yall offense has shown flashes I'll take our Offesne any day.

Overall I wouldnt be surprised if we go 1-1 againts yall

I'm really looking foward to playing yall this year bro

Alright last post for real this time. I have work to do.

I've done my best to give the Saints "new defense" credit and have kept an eye on it.

But frankly the level blindness to what the Falcons have done this year is sickining. Yeah you improved in the offseason but you know what so have we. Trust me we didn't sit on our hands in the off season. We've made the necessary moves, and we WILL be competitive.

of course you will be competitive. you better, your team won 10 or 11 games last year. plus you are 2-0. I've seen both Falcons games (live in Marietta), and the Falcons look solid, but let's see how they do over the course of the season with a 2nd place schedule.

Seriously? You have played the Lions and a rookie QB and the Eagles WITHOUT McNabb and they both scored 20+ points. I understand you saying our D is not great, but in all honesty it is better than yalls.

statisticlly it's not: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

we're 21 , you're 22
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" id=result class=data-table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=odd><TD>21</TD><TD>New Orleans Saints </TD><TD>2 </TD><TD>24.5</TD><TD>49 </TD><TD class=right>133 </TD><TD class=right>347.0 </TD><TD class=right>5.2 </TD><TD class=right>18.5 </TD><TD class=right>10 </TD><TD class=right>30 </TD><TD class=right>33 </TD><TD class=right>3 </TD><TD class=right>4 </TD><TD class=right>75 </TD><TD class=right>15 </TD><TD class=right>125 </TD><TD class=right>26:32 </TD><TD class=right>1 </TD><TD class=right>1 </TD></TR><TR class=even><TD>22</TD><TD>Atlanta Falcons </TD><TD>2 </TD><TD>13.5</TD><TD>27 </TD><TD class=right>123 </TD><TD class=right>349.5 </TD><TD class=right>5.7 </TD><TD class=right>20.0 </TD><TD class=right>11 </TD><TD class=right>23 </TD><TD class=right>48 </TD><TD class=right>1 </TD><TD class=right>2 </TD><TD class=right>50 </TD><TD class=right>10 </TD><TD class=right>62 </TD><TD class=right>28:48 </TD><TD class=right>5 </TD><TD class=right>4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am really looking forward to both games against the Falcons this season. Growing up a Saints fan in the 70's and 80's, we were always duking it out for the cellar. I'm ecstatic that we'll be fighting it out for the other side of the fence this season!

I think we both match up pretty well with each other and expect a couple of tight games. I think Ryan has proven his ability to make the plays that he needs to make, the running game is pretty darned solid, and the defense is good enough to keep them in ballgames. Of course, I'm *hoping* for two blow-outs by the Saints... just not expecting them at this point.

Clark Kent, how are y'all feeling about losing Peria (sp??) Jerry? Looks like a guy who's well-traveled will be taking his starting spot.
It sucks pretty bad. I was a big fan of him and was glad he was getting some interior pressure. I believe like most people that D line is the key to winning games and we just lost a big part of the D line. Although, last year we did OK with Grady Jackson who is awful.

One of my fav guys we have is Kory Biermann our DE. He got 2 sacks against Miami and i wish our FO would start him over Andersons useless self.

Seriously? You have played the Lions and a rookie QB and the Eagles WITHOUT McNabb and they both scored 20+ points. I understand you saying our D is not great, but in all honesty it is better than yalls.

No, both Detroit AND Philly scored exactly 20 pts on offense, no + required. Safeties and defensive scores don't count against our D, no matter how much you want them to(I'll agree, that "+" does make any number look sexier, though. Kinda like a spoiler on a Honda).

Let me ask you a question, Clark Kent, and please be honest: All those yards and points our opponents have racked up so far - what good did it do them?

HaHa well i could dig in the past and say that we have beaten yall more than you have us, but that is irrelevant because its so in the past. We both have our franchise QB's now.

idk man, maybe you guys can be the team to bring us down but the panthers moved the ball pretty well against you guys (400 yds). and i think our te's and threats out of the backfield is just a little bit better than theirs.

lets just say i'm glad that we have bush. he affects the entire complexion of defensive coverages with just his presence. having a consistent running game doesn't hurt either.

C'mon People, this is a pretty good post from a Falcons fan.

Yeah Clark, i'd agree that probably both fan camps have these 2 games circled. They should be great games, and the home split is not unreasonable. I know mike smith is going to be watching how Rexy and the jets try to apply pressure on brees, and if it works he'll try to mimic it. So far every description on how to beat the saints is to "put pressure on brees, but it's apparently easier said than done, in fact his rating goes up when the blitz is on. Probably our best defense against burner turner is to hit you hard fast and force you to get away from him, then see what our improved secondary can do to get the ball back to brees. Then we can slip back into prevent and let Ryan pad his yd stats.

It's always a great matchup, but it is a ways away, right now we're thinking ny teams, and i think you got a tough one up in boston this week
I hope we dont try to use the blitzes that the Jets did cause our personnel aint like the Jets haha. I want to blitz, but not bring the house tooo many times. If our corners get 1v1 with Moss then he will win that battle.

Hey Falcons fan. Do us all a favor and come back when it is our game week against you guys.

Whats up Saints Fans. Falcon fan here. I have seen some people on here say yall are going to blow us out, but i dont think that is the overall consensus.

Both games are going to be close ones. It will probably end up being 1-1 with each team winning at home. Everyone knows its hard to win on the road in the NFC South.

That really hasn't been the case since Payton's been here when we've played the Falcons.

In Payton's era, you're 2-4 against the Saints, and just one of those 6 games have been decided by less than a touchdown.

I doubt either game will be close this year, and you're playig against the best O we've had since Payton has been here and now, the best D, as well.

I don't know what the Falcons' record will be this year, but I know of two losses you can count right now.

Atl @ NO, Saints won 23-3 (I'm sure you remember that one) - 20 point margin, advantage Saints
NO @ Atl, Saints won 31-13 - 20 point margin again, advantage Saints

Atl @ NO, Saints won 22-16 - 8 point margin, advantage Saints
NO @ Atl, Falcons won 34-14 - 20 point margin, advantage Falcons

NO @ Atl, Falcons won 34-20 - 14 point margin, advantage Falcons
Atl @ NO, Saints won 29-25 - 4 point margin, advantage Saints

Agreed. I am not saying we neccesarily have the personnel now, but if a team can get consistent pressure with their front 4 then that can do alot towards disrupting timing etc. Having said that, the loss of Jerry is going to hurt us in the interior pressure department.

Yes losing Jerry is a big shot to the effect of getting pressure in Brees's face, which is really the only place where it is overly effective.

I personally, like you said, just don't think the Falcons have the personnel to match up versus our offense. The afforementioned interior pressure on Brees might be harder to achieve now than at any other point in his tenure here since the interior offensive line is the best it's been in a long time. Nicks/Goodwin/Evans are playing at an extremely high level and have given Brees a place to step up into on a regular basis. We'll see what happens when we play a team with an elite defensive tackle (this is why Washington worries me), but so far the penetration up the middle has been scant.

Concerning your earlier post about White, I'm actually more concerned about Gonzalez than I am Roddy. We can handle elite wideouts, but matchup-wise, any of our linebackers on TG would worry me. Harper as well if the route is run past 15 yards as deeper coverage certainly doesn't seem to be his strong suit.

idk man, maybe you guys can be the team to bring us down but the panthers moved the ball pretty well against you guys (400 yds). and i think our te's and threats out of the backfield is just a little bit better than theirs.

lets just say i'm glad that we have bush. he affects the entire complexion of defensive coverages with just his presence. having a consistent running game doesn't hurt either.
Yeah our running D is pretty inconsistent. We seemed to do well at some points in the game, but we will every now and then let a 25 yarder go. Im pretty sure DeAngelo and Stew broke a 20+ yard run a piece.

Yeah your passing game is superior especially to your RB's. That is going to have to be looked at when we try to blitz. I don't want to over pursue and have a screen to Thomas or Bush be taken to the house.

Gotta love this rivalry. Two years ago (2006 season) the Saints went to the NFC Championship game. Your grandma's good!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom