Saints vs Falcons (Realist Perspective) (3 Viewers)

Don't think anyone is saying blowout already huh? I'd say we get back to this in 3-4 weeks. They got 4 other teams to talk about first.

I don't think the falcon offense is unstoppable. Ryan is a rising player but the falcon WRs don't care me and that O-line isn't scary. I think our defense was built to match up with the panthers and falcons and we match up well against them. Tracy Porter and Jabari Greer were brought in to play steve Smith and Roddy White.

I would trade charles grant for Jamaal Anderson though.
Why doesn't Roddy scare you? He is one of the best WR's in the NFC. His production has been limited these first two weeks, but he is going to turn it on once people start keying on Gonzalez/Turner more.

Corners are corners. If you don't have an Asomugha or Revis then it doesn't matter. If Ryan has time to throw he can find an open WR. That is not talking up Ryan that is pretty much any QB.

Well i wouldnt make the trade for Grant, but i would love to let go of Anderson. Dude sucks ace.

:idunno:you call yourself a realist??? more like a Delusionist
haha how am i delusional? Do you honestly think that our defense is garbage? We caused 4 turnovers in the Miami game and that was against a Miami team who RARELY makes mistakes like that. Yall got your turnovers against a rookie and Kevin Kolb who has never started a game. C'mon.

Well it might just be pointing out the obvious to us, but those are decent points for an opposing fan to make. And they're pretty much the concensus among the literate New Orleans fans as well.

The main thing is your supposition that you can, in fact, get pressure on Brees. Sure if you can disrupt his timing and actually get a lot of hits and hurries on him you can derail the offense, but it's such a giant leap from the idea of doing this and the actual execution (at least while maintaining coverage discipline so as to not get torched off of quick blitz reads) that only a handful of teams have the personnel to pull it off. Actually, teams like Philly - who have great cover corners and a few excellent front 4 pass rushers - have historically been the D's that give us problems. Washington and Baltimore as well.

Bottom line, if you can't get any pressure with your front four and you can't be physical enough with our recievers around the line of scrimmage, then it's an awfully tall task to hold our offense to less than 400 yards.

Seriously? You have played the Lions and a rookie QB and the Eagles WITHOUT McNabb and they both scored 20+ points. I understand you saying our D is not great, but in all honesty it is better than yalls.

We're still waiting for a challenge and it won't come from the Falcons.
<script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Id like to wait and see how things go over the next month

Well it might just be pointing out the obvious to us, but those are decent points for an opposing fan to make. And they're pretty much the concensus among the literate New Orleans fans as well.

The main thing is your supposition that you can, in fact, get pressure on Brees. Sure if you can disrupt his timing and actually get a lot of hits and hurries on him you can derail the offense, but it's such a giant leap from the idea of doing this and the actual execution (at least while maintaining coverage discipline so as to not get torched off of quick blitz reads) that only a handful of teams have the personnel to pull it off. Actually, teams like Philly - who have great cover corners and a few excellent front 4 pass rushers - have historically been the D's that give us problems. Washington and Baltimore as well.

Bottom line, if you can't get any pressure with your front four and you can't be physical enough with our recievers around the line of scrimmage, then it's an awfully tall task to hold our offense to less than 400 yards.
Agreed. I am not saying we neccesarily have the personnel now, but if a team can get consistent pressure with their front 4 then that can do alot towards disrupting timing etc. Having said that, the loss of Jerry is going to hurt us in the interior pressure department.

Seriously? You have played the Lions and a rookie QB and the Eagles WITHOUT McNabb and they both scored 20+ points. I understand you saying our D is not great, but in all honesty it is better than yalls.

your defense played against two QB's who arguably, are average on their best days, both games being at home. I'll go even further and say that both Stafford/C. Johnson and Kolb/D. Jackson are MUCH more dangerous than Pennington/Ginn and Delhomme/Smith, particularly the way Delhomme has played. if your defense is better than ours, it is marginal, however, the Falcons offense, while solid, is nowhere close to the Saints.

Well you lost it here. If you want to come here and engage in meaningful discussion then you should have some cognisance of how the points were scored, particularly against the Lions. It's been beaten to death. Same thing with the yardage against the Eagles.

But then that's probably not what you're looking for.

OK all... the guy came here not talking trash... he posted a legit thread ... I dislike atlanta as much as everyone here but lets give the OP a civil discussion .. it seems as if he is looking for discussion as opposed to trash talking...

Alright last post for real this time. I have work to do.

I've done my best to give the Saints "new defense" credit and have kept an eye on it.

But frankly the level blindness to what the Falcons have done this year is sickening. Yeah you improved in the offseason but you know what, SO have we. Trust me we didn't sit on our hands in the off season. We've made the necessary moves, and we WILL be competitive.

Saints Fans we are not the Detriot Lions we will not lay down for you and Come our first game we are coming at you

Cheers.
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Whats up Saints Fans. Falcon fan here. I have seen some people on here say yall are going to blow us out, but i dont think that is the overall consensus.

Both games are going to be close ones. It will probably end up being 1-1 with each team winning at home. Everyone knows its hard to win on the road in the NFC South.

Yalls passing game is ridiculous. Brees is a freaking beast there is no denying that. And yalls running game is very underrated. I been on Pierre Escargo's nuts since the Bears game 3 years ago. Where I have to question yall is your pass rush. I personally hate Charles Grant. Not as much as i hate our own Jamal Anderson though, but Grant just seems sloppy to me. Will Smith has the actual ability to be good and i think he will, but yalls pass rush is pretty poor right now.

Your secondary is very much improved. Yall have alot of good young guys and vet leadership, but don't get too ahead of yourselves because yall did play Stafford and Kolb your first 2 weeks and yall got so ahead of them that they had to be one dimensional.

I think if we can apply some good pressure then we can derail Brees, but he does get the ball out quick and if he even has a second of extra time he will dissect our secondary.

Overall, i think it could come down to who makes a play on defense or who can control the clock. I think both or offenses are pretty unstoppable.
C'mon People, this is a pretty good post from a Falcons fan.

Yeah Clark, i'd agree that probably both fan camps have these 2 games circled. They should be great games, and the home split is not unreasonable. I know mike smith is going to be watching how Rexy and the jets try to apply pressure on brees, and if it works he'll try to mimic it. So far every description on how to beat the saints is to "put pressure on brees, but it's apparently easier said than done, in fact his rating goes up when the blitz is on. Probably our best defense against burner turner is to hit you hard fast and force you to get away from him, then see what our improved secondary can do to get the ball back to brees. Then we can slip back into prevent and let Ryan pad his yd stats.

It's always a great matchup, but it is a ways away, right now we're thinking ny teams, and i think you got a tough one up in boston this week

and atl beat us once last year without bush. before that we spanked y'all 4 straight.

OK all... the guy came here not talking trash... he posted a legit thread ... I dislike atlanta as much as everyone here but lets give the OP a civil discussion .. it seems as if he is looking for discussion as opposed to trash talking...
Exactly.

I am really looking forward to both games against the Falcons this season. Growing up a Saints fan in the 70's and 80's, we were always duking it out for the cellar. I'm ecstatic that we'll be fighting it out for the other side of the fence this season!

I think we both match up pretty well with each other and expect a couple of tight games. I think Ryan has proven his ability to make the plays that he needs to make, the running game is pretty darned solid, and the defense is good enough to keep them in ballgames. Of course, I'm *hoping* for two blow-outs by the Saints... just not expecting them at this point.

Clark Kent, how are y'all feeling about losing Peria (sp??) Jerry? Looks like a guy who's well-traveled will be taking his starting spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom