Saints Vs. Giants General Discussion (Week 6) (2 Viewers)

I agree with Clark Kent. Close game. Physical. On the positive side, we should get a majority of our injured players back. It'll be nice to have Bell back there again with PT. 2 fresh backs, although Bell might be limited. Bushrod being back is a definite plus. Another plus, Manning is hurt with a nagging injury, which should limit his mobility. I can see a heavy dose of running from the Giants to take the pressure off of Manning. It'll be a doozy of a game.

Remeber the game we played against New York in 2006? That was an AWESOME game. If I remember correctly, we NEVER let them cross midfield ALL game long! That game and the Dallas game that year was some of my favorite Saints games of all time.

I don't see a blowout by either team that week. I think this is probably one of the most even games that has been played all year. It really could go either way. Both sides are solid and have QB's who can take the game over if need be.

NYG have some physical guys in the trenches so its going to be a rough game.
have you been banned from the falcons board, becuz you need to be worried about the 49er's IMO?just asking ,anyway the saints in the trenches, o-line gave up 0 sacks inthe jets game who are the #1 defense, with a 3rd string LT i also think were the #1 or #2 running team in the NFL.i so i totally disagree:9:

I am cautiously optimistic -- I think we can play with the Giants but they are so much better then the other teams we have played --

Plz stop ,they saints have played two top 10 teams,no other 4-0 team can say that,so yes they have played good teams,Saints fans are gun shy,enjoy it saints fans we have a Good Football team this year the best team i have seen in my life as a saints fan,have a little confidence in our Saints team its ok,they are not going to lose this game at home.......

Two points I'd like to call out:

1. As indiucated by the page-2 TMQ October 6th article; the Saints have gone 45 -2 in fourth quarter scoring through week-4. (The 2-points was an "intentional" safety D.Brees took to improve the putting situation when backed up against the 1-yard line.) Soooo... the defense is pitching a shut-out in the fourth and that is a BIG deal my friends.

2. The Saints are Terrible in coming out of the bye week. You have to go all the way back to the 2002 season to see them win the game coming out of the break. And that gives me pause.

While 20-32 for 190 yards and no touchdowns may seem pedestrian for Brees and Co. I would hardly call the offense being shut down. You may want to look back at the game, aside of the 4th and short stops the Jets came up with, the Saints dominated the ball. After the two touchdowns by our D, the only thing the offense had to do was get first downs and run down the clock. Yes, there were no big plays by the offense, but as was said by Coach P, they went in with a gameplan, and executed it perfectly. I think the scoreboard had more to do with controlling the game than the Jets D "shutting down" the Saints' O...

I totally agree with you. What I saw during the game was the Saints going up and down the field pretty steadily. So what if we didn't throw the bomb all the time. The objective was to win the game. Our offense gave up "ZERO" sacks and threw "ZERO" interceptions. To add to that, the RB's ran the ball pretty well. Our defense did what it was suppose to do which is stop the other team from scoring AND create turnovers. I think the Saints played a pretty balance game. I also think that some get caught up in scoring 30 to 40 points a game. That is not going to happen. Some times we will just have to settle for winning by 14 points.

Two points I'd like to call out:

1. As indiucated by the page-2 TMQ October 6th article; the Saints have gone 45 -2 in fourth quarter scoring through week-4. (The 2-points was an "intentional" safety D.Brees took to improve the putting situation when backed up against the 1-yard line.) Soooo... the defense is pitching a shut-out in the fourth and that is a BIG deal my friends.

2. The Saints are Terrible in coming out of the bye week. You have to go all the way back to the 2002 season to see them win the game coming out of the break. And that gives me pause.

I echo you sentiments in your second point. But I would also like to add that the Saints had lost the THREE previous times that they started the season with 3 wins. This year is different. Maybe, just maybe, we will win this time after the bye weeks. I am confident in one thing... The Saints are a much better team this year and they are proving it on the field. Here's to being 5 and 0. Geaux Saints

I agree with Clark Kent. Close game. Physical. On the positive side, we should get a majority of our injured players back. It'll be nice to have Bell back there again with PT. 2 fresh backs, although Bell might be limited. Bushrod being back is a definite plus.

After the BUF, NYJ, and NYG games I think folks are going to retire the "finesse" label for a while.

I feel the Jets could beat the Giants, but it would be close

We got a little lucky beating the Jets.
You can't always count on defensive scoring.

I think the Giants will try to slow it down. Look for them
to pound us with their running game, which will be the
best we have faced so far.

I don't see a blowout by either team that week. I think this is probably one of the most even games that has been played all year. It really could go either way. Both sides are solid and have QB's who can take the game over if need be.

NYG have some physical guys in the trenches so its going to be a rough game.

We need Clancy back, to improve our interior D rotation, if that happens we will be alright, if not I am afraid they can wear us down eventually and force us to over commit to the run.

Furthermore I am not worried about our O against their D we will be able to move the ball much more efficiently on them than the Jets. (Both PT and Bell will be ready for this game, the Giants will have to commit to the run and Brees will dissect that secondary)

you ever been playing Madden and the guy your playing always goes for it on fourth down when he shouldn't.....thats Sean Payton. But yes it does help if you D is good.

It's actually smarter statistically to go for any 4th-and-3 (or fewer). While it doesn't always work, the odds are in your favor for a conversion since the average NFL play goes for 4 yards IIRC. And when your in the area from the 50 to wherever your kicker isn't effective, going for it on 4th-and-short is smart. If you punt, you'll most likely net 30 or so yards of field position and if it's a touchback, they're about 15-20 yards away from where they'd be if you failed on 4th. And with our offense, I love that we're aggressive and go for the points.

I think we have the advantage in several areas and a big one coming up this week!! We get an extra week to heal our injured and prepare for the Giants, while they have to go out and slug it out (even if it is the Raiders) and hope no one else gets injured. They do have a case of the injury bug hitting them at the perfect time for us.

At this point, I give our rested team the advantage, our home field the advantage, our QB the advantage, and our secondary the advantage over the Giants.

Saints 31
Giants 21

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom