Saints waiting to sign Free Agents (1 Viewer)

Randy Jones

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are the Saints waiting to fill holes with available free agents until after mini camps. That way they will know what they in the rookies.

Yeah definitely going to take some extensions to happen first. I believe Williams won't play under the tag.

Question: Can we tag Ram or Latt next year? If so, I could see one of them being tagged next year to buy us another year.

Yeah definitely going to take some extensions to happen first. I believe Williams won't play under the tag.

Question: Can we tag Ram or Latt next year? If so, I could see one of them being tagged next year to buy us another year.
Theoretically they can. They'd likely tag Ram but the problem is even though the cap will almost certainly go up next year tagging Ram or Latt would eat up alot of it.

Theoretically they can. They'd likely tag Ram but the problem is even though the cap will almost certainly go up next year tagging Ram or Latt would eat up alot of it.
Yeah the tag isn't ideal. I personally believe if Landon Young performs well he will end up as starting next year and Armstead will be traded. Maybe in that scenario Ram moves to the left side.

I believe at this point it is all about the CAP and available space Until we can get Ram or Williams signed we are not going to see any significant signing(s).
I hope that I am wrong, but we may have a bit of lingering cap issues next year also.

I personally don't understand why all the talk is about keeping Armistead in the media. Ram is not only younger but better. We have players who can start at left tackle including ram.

Certainties..............,death, taxes, and Ram/Williams getting extended. Trust the process.

Yeah the tag isn't ideal. I personally believe if Landon Young performs well he will end up as starting next year and Armstead will be traded. Maybe in that scenario Ram moves to the left side.

So a 6th round rookie who has never played a down of NFL football is going to replace one of the best LT's in the NFL next year? He is also an UFA next year so how would you plan on trading him exactly....

I personally don't understand why all the talk is about keeping Armistead in the media. Ram is not only younger but better. We have players who can start at left tackle including ram.

Because he is a top 3 LT in the NFL when healthy and he didn't have any major injury issues last year. I really don't get folks that think he is totally expendable, it's like they haven't watched our offense the last couple of years....and he is only 30, which is still young for an offensive lineman....

So a 6th round rookie who has never played a down of NFL football is going to replace one of the best LT's in the NFL next year? He is also an UFA next year so how would you plan on trading him exactly....

Because he is a top 3 LT in the NFL when healthy and he didn't have any major injury issues last year. I really don't get folks that think he is totally expendable, it's like they haven't watched our offense the last couple of years....and he is only 30, which is still young for an offensive lineman....
How often is Armistead healthy. Ram is a player good enough to replace him. We have Hurst as well. There are options. I'd rather keep ram over Armistead any day

Zach Strief was drafted in the 7th. Jahri in the 5th and Carl Nicks was a 5th rounder. We have had alot of succes with late round lineman. We won't be paying two tackles top dollar.

Armstead could be extended this year and traded or the Saints could let him walk. Personally I would extend and trade in the off season so we get something in return for him.

Zach Strief was drafted in the 7th. Jahri in the 5th and Carl Nicks was a 5th rounder. We have had alot of succes with late round lineman. We won't be paying two tackles top dollar.

Armstead could be extended this year and traded or the Saints could let him walk. Personally I would extend and trade in the off season so we get something in return for him.
An extension now would mean paying him a signing bonus that the Saints would have to eat when traded next year. Teams only do that when they are trying to use cap space to get over the minimum cap requirement. The minimum requirement is only calculated every third year as an average over the 3 year period.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom