Saints Waive OL Avery Young (1 Viewer)

Is this a sign that New Orleans will go after a guard right out the gate or are they making room for someone else? Hopefully it's the former. There's some decent OL that will be available, even if some shuffling has to be done. I wonder if the Saints are still on the Ronald Leary train.

Is this a sign that New Orleans will go after a guard right out the gate or are they making room for someone else? Hopefully it's the former. There's some decent OL that will be available, even if some shuffling has to be done. I wonder if the Saints are still on the Ronald Leary train.

I'm hoping like hell it's for Zeitler or Warford.

I'd say it moves up the importance of finding a guard.

I'm thinking this was due to medicals. Turner is still there, and there's a good chance chance we'll go balls out for one of the guards in FA. We've got some money to spend there and today pretty much ALL of the marquee named DE's were franchised by their teams.

DAMN. That's bad news. Dammit.
I see what you mean, but I would rather the release happen now than taking up an important roster spot later.
We need to upgrade a lot of positions on this roster. Guard is definitely one of them.

I'm really hoping we could pick up Larry Warford. He is a RG which is what we need and would not have to transition from LG to RG. Plus he'd probably be a lot cheaper than Zeitler.

I'd say it moves up the importance of finding a guard.

We're jumping to this conclusion based off of the waive of a guy who never played a snap for us?

We're jumping to this conclusion based off of the waive of a guy who never played a snap for us?

No. I didn't read it that way.

What I think they were saying is "Avery Young or Landon Turner might fill Jahri's role at RG. But Young failed (which sucks), and now we might have to give up a draft pick or sign a guard in free agency".

No. I didn't read it that way.

What I think they were saying is "Avery Young or Landon Turner might fill Jahri's role at RG. But Young failed (which sucks), and now we might have to give up a draft pick or sign a guard in free agency".
I have a good feeling on Landon Turner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom