Saints want to keep Bushrod (1 Viewer)

I dunno. I still think that Bushrod would be much better as a guard than a Tackle. I say try to offer him a team friendly contract and hope it pans out. If not, Charlie Brown should be our new LT...Just hope he can stay healthy.

In my opinion, it is paramount to retain Bushrod for a few reasons. Our offense relies on veteran chemistry for it to run at optimum potential. Also, if we lost him our 1st rounder would almost certainly be spent on LT when we so badly need that pick for the defense.

I dunno. I still think that Bushrod would be much better as a guard than a Tackle. I say try to offer him a team friendly contract and hope it pans out. If not, Charlie Brown should be our new LT...Just hope he can stay healthy.

That's the thing, he can't stay healthy.

Sign him to a 2 year deal that's back loaded then draft some one in the middle rounds that can be developed for next year.

I actually think Bushrod is better suited to RT, but has adapted fairly well to LT. He is similar I think to Oher in Balt. He may not be the best LT in the NFL but he is probably top 10. Problem is we dont have anybody better, and dont think we can upgrade in FA or the draft unless we use our first rounder on an OT. We have too many other positions we need to upgrade. I, for one, am not ready to turn over the LT spot to Charles Brown. That thought scares me.

He's mediocre, and was the worst o-liner, and it wasn't really close. So, if a better option is available as less money, i'm all for it, and to hell with consistency, we didn't win the sb with jammal brown. If it's not possible ok, let's bring him back, it's not like we can do much more than that

I actually think Bushrod is better suited to RT, but has adapted fairly well to LT. He is similar I think to Oher in Balt. He may not be the best LT in the NFL but he is probably top 10. Problem is we dont have anybody better, and dont think we can upgrade in FA or the draft unless we use our first rounder on an OT. We have too many other positions we need to upgrade. I, for one, am not ready to turn over the LT spot to Charles Brown. That thought scares me.

I agree here. I think if we could draft a premium LT (Joeckel or Fisher) with our first rounder i would like taking them as long as there isnt a premium pass rusher there. Kick Bushrod to RT and I think you upgrade both positions in one move and give the saints one of the best lines in the NFL once again.

I know the D blows and it needs fixing like hell but if you can fix the line long term with a single move its always worth it iyam

I'm just not high on over paying an average LT that consistently needs help chipping DE's. I'd much rather pay a lot of money for a LT like Long than over pay an average LT like Bushrod.

Bushrod is a good left tackle, just not great nor elite. I would love to see him as our RT, while drafting or signing a great LT through free agency. Brown is not the future LT. If so, that is a step in the wrong direction, and a serious downgrade. He played decent at times as a RT, but also got handled quite a bit. He also seems to have more finesse than power, which has been said about him since he was drafted here.

I wouldn't pay him more than 5.5 a year. He is a system tackle who was continually exposed last season.

He's mediocre, and was the worst o-liner, and it wasn't really close.
Who is Zach Strief.
Honestly, it wasn't even close. How you came to any other conclusion is beyond reason. Strief allowed the most pressure of all of our linemen.

He's mediocre, and was the worst o-liner, and it wasn't really close. So, if a better option is available as less money, i'm all for it, and to hell with consistency, we didn't win the sb with jammal brown. If it's not possible ok, let's bring him back, it's not like we can do much more than that
I would love to know why you think he's so bad?

Granted, no one is saying he's the best left tackle in football.

I will defend him by saying, as I have in a few other threads.......

We have had one of the best offenses in the league for the last few years.
Arguably, we have the best offense ever in the NFL.

Bushrod has been our starting left tackle for several years now and he deserves credit for being on one of the best O-lines in the NFL.

Plus, he rarely misses time. The guy is durable.

You stole my thunder Swampy Saint. One thing that goes underappreciated about Bushrod is his durability. He has played though pain in the past I'm sure and that is one of the more important traits in a football player IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom