Saints wearing black jerseys/black pants Sunday vs. Panthers (1 Viewer)

Not a Debbie downer last time Saints wore black on black they caught an "L" by a division opponent.

This is setting up nicely. I think Sean is saving the last color rush usage of the season for the 49ers game.

Years ago when I first got into coaching, I played and coached for the same Highschool and we were black and white colours very similar to saints. I remember my first year coaching as a Specials Assistant and LB coach, and my Head Coach told me after first game that we have to be extra careful, psychologically the all black draws more penalties than any other team. As I have moved on I have noticed a huge trend with that.
I always worry when we are in all blacks and a 3rd and long situation. It’s really stressful as I always to this day feel like we aren’t going to get the benefit of anything in these unis.

I have attatched a couple from back in the day and yea fair to say I don’t recall every having the calls go our way.

EDIT: in the white jerseys we beat Francis twice in one year (they are a dynasty up here) en route to an undefeated season, all blacks we lost to them the following year to go to the big game, some crazy calls. Funny how that goes. Also fun fact my head coach played at BYU back then and he’s a major part of the CFL and community football up here. Big reason why I liked Taysom from the outset

Attachments

• 711582DC-1E83-4D63-8E69-21B8CD36AD67.jpeg
    711582DC-1E83-4D63-8E69-21B8CD36AD67.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 4AACDDBD-105F-40F1-8487-F1E977CE6122.jpeg
    4AACDDBD-105F-40F1-8487-F1E977CE6122.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 3
So we've worn either all black or all white in every game this year except Week 2 against the Rams. (black jersey/gold pants)

I think I'm one of the few that actually likes our white jersey black pants combo and we haven't worn that combo all year.

Seems like gone are the days of wearing white jersey gold pants or black jersey with gold pants.

Seems like gone are the days of wearing white jersey gold pants or black jersey with gold pants.

It likely will be until either Nike can pull a rabbit out a hat and stumble into accidentally making metallic gold fabric or another company that actually can gets the contract from the NFL to be the official uniform supplier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom