Saints Wednesday Injury Report: 2021 Week 12 vs. Buffalo Bills (2 Viewers)

It's not a issue of toughness. It's an issue of having a healthier perspective.

Lott cutting off a piece of his finger was not about how tough he was, it was about how obsessed he was. Obsession leads to irrational behavior.

Today's NFL players are just as tough, they just know that they shouldn't completely sacrifice their future health just for money and to entertain people. I'm glad they don't.

Anyone who thinks the current state of the game is marshmallow soft, was fed rocks all their life and was told they were marshmallows.

I doubt there is anyone on this site that could walk away from just 3 NFL tackles or blocks.

Less brutal does not equal non-brutal.
Players of old, HAD to play for the dream of financial freedom or a big payday. They played for pennies compared to what these guys make. And how do you know Lott was obsessed? I’m sure he said (in an interview that he wanted to play and that meant cutting his finger off vs not playing). He knew that he was a huge piece to their Championship chances. You may call that obsessed, but I call that dedicated and tough. Today’s game is less physical by a wide margin. Equipment is better, nutrition is better, workout equipment/regimes are more advanced, but injuries are higher. The name of the game was to take the opposing QB out of the game and now you can only tackle them between the shoulders and waistline, along with no follow through and driving them to the ground with your weight. And you think that is tough? The game implemented these kinds of rules bc players used to get mauled. These guys are coddled. Crying about reducing practices and such. The game is severely watered down and injuries are at an all time high every year. I respect these players, but they are not tough like the players of old. They don’t have to be bc the owners want to protect their investments.

Ummmmm….players from back in the day, didn’t make the kind of money that these guys make. Players back then, played hurt, just to make a million dollar bonus based on the amount of games they played (just throwing out a number). Those guys were tough as nails. Ronnie Lott had a piece of his finger cut off, just to play. You don’t see that these days
And they also are crippled and committing suicide due to CTE...

I’m expecting this to be a get right game for the Bills. We will need some good fortune to hang in this one.

All I’m wanting is a game where we have a shot in the fourth quarter to win, and not because they went into prevent so we scored a few times and need 2 two point conversions and an onside kick.

I know I may get slammed for this but the NFL players have gotten really soft since I began watching. I mean a player is out for 3 weeks for an ingrown tow nail these days. Kamara situation is ridiculous.

What's ridiculous about the Kamara situation? He sprained his MCL. Let the man heal. I think the front office has learned their lesson by rushing players back when they're not fully healthy (Kamara 2019, Mike 2020)

What is he going to do with a bad foot?
At least he HAS A FOOT! Some players may never grow a few more inches! Anyway , WTH? I wouldn't start TH until we have the TEAM back which will be against and NFC opponent NEXT week w/ the cowgirls..... Gotta know when to fish or cut bait. If TH is 100%? Give him his "joker" role and save him for a full "O" line! Trevor helmed us into this mess! Let's see him dig us OUT as best he can , knowing this is his last stand and with enough pressure to press out a diamond of a game! Time for Trevor to SHINE! Just since the rest of the TEAM is soaking in the ice tub doesn't mean we can't steal a "W" from a team suffering almost as badly as we are! Save a TH#7 start vs da 'girls & returning starters! Trust AK#41's foot doesn't become a MT CCM foot! YIKES!

Glazer just reported that Payton told him that Ingram is out tonight. Looks like it will be the Hill, Jones, and Montgomery show tonight.

The flip side to a lot of this gnashing of teeth is “why risk the health of your best players when the odds are so stacked against us making the playoffs”? Some of the calling out of individual players for sitting out injured is just frustrated rants I’m sure. But still.

Side note, glad I “lost” my season tickets due to construction and glad I didn’t take the bait on the expensive club seats.

The flip side to a lot of this gnashing of teeth is “why risk the health of your best players when the odds are so stacked against us making the playoffs”? Some of the calling out of individual players for sitting out injured is just frustrated rants I’m sure. But still.

Side note, glad I “lost” my season tickets due to construction and glad I didn’t take the bait on the expensive club seats.

But the odds of making the playoffs aren’t that terrible.

We are on a 3 game losing streak and still sitting at the 7 seed. Obviously if we come out of the next two games (Bills and Cowboys) at 5-7, playoffs are probably looking grim. But outside the division leaders and the Rams, nobody in the NFC is really separating for the 6-7 seeds.

Curious to see how many rush attempts Montgomery gets. He can do that to an extent but likely needs to be used more as a WR given that position group

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom