Saints went 4-0 vs. the NFC West (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
If you told me that was going to happen going into the season... I would've sworn the Saints were going to the playoffs with a high seed

guess the season didn't pan out as the Saints or the NFC West thought it would

If you told me that was going to happen going into the season... I would've sworn the Saints were going to the playoffs with a high seed

guess the season didn't pan out as the Saints or the NFC West thought it would

Fun fact the often best division in the NFC maybe in NFL in most recent years are now one of the worst in the NFC and maybe NFL this year. While the NFC lEAST is now the best division in the NFL. Another fun fact the two NFC Championship teams this year will not make the playoffs. I don't remember the last time that has happened.

Yeah, and we also went 1 and 3 against the AFC West which has been one of the strongest divisions in the league.. and we had a chance to win two of those.. I see a lot of promise on this team.. One play here or there made a difference in the whole season... not sure what our playoff hopes are but I do feel going into next year there's a lot to hang our hats on..

Big deal. We're 4-0 vs the Rams and Falcons. We still have to play the 49ers twice.

If you would have told me this at the beginning of the year no way would I have believed you considering the way the Cardinals and Hawks were being hyped.

And we still can't make the playoffs. There were too many winnable games this year. If only we beat the lions.......

Blasted PI call on 4th down in the Oakland game and Blasted special teams "white shoe on the sideline" call in the Denver game. Those 2 games alone go the way they should have and we would be in the mix... The other losses are easier to swallow but those 2 just make my blood boil.

Blasted PI call on 4th down in the Oakland game and Blasted special teams "white shoe on the sideline" call in the Denver game. Those 2 games alone go the way they should have and we would be in the mix... The other losses are easier to swallow but those 2 just make my blood boil.
There were just too many times this year where we allowed the game to be determined by a bad call. We should have been spanking many of the teams we just barely beat or ones we lost to because of a call going the other way.

It's not the refs' fault. They definitely contributed, but there's just no way we should have left it up to them.

What's even more crazy than us going 4-0 against this division is how we did it. Consider these stats:

Avg points for: 40.75
Avg points against: 26.25
Avg margin of victory: 14.5

. Another fun fact the two NFC Championship teams this year will not make the playoffs. I don't remember the last time that has happened.

I'm assuming you meant both teams who played in the SB the prior season failing to make the playoffs the following season.

It's happened three times

1999- Denver and Atlanta

2002- New England and St. Louis.

2003- Oakland and Tampa Bay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom