Saints were not going to be allowed in Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Kris

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Amazing that both the Eagles and the Rams offensive lines NEVER, not even during blitzes , held a Saints player!

Rams got called for holding on a kickoff or punt return but never the offensive line. Yet somehow in the same games the Saints were called for key moment ticky tacky holding.

The Saints weren't supposed to beat the Eagles and damn sure were not going to beat the Rams!

There was an incredible amount of holding going on by both the Eagles and the Rams and NONE of it was called. Eagles game, Saints blitzes could not get to the QB. You could say "In playoffs they let em play", yet when the Saints Center stepped back and let a defensive lineman fall without HOLDING at all holding was called. That was because there are key times that a penalty hurts the worst and it was appropriate for a Saints penalty there.

Rams game,
DB with arms around Saints receiver in the endzone while the ball was on the way to THAT player in first quarter. No call. Iffy, but still no call. Many many holds by Rams Offensive lineman. Zero called. Saints get good field position in fourth quarter and they hold. Player did hold, but no worse than Rams holding all game. Kills Saints field position and makes it first and twenty. Fourth Quarter missed call, Ball coming to receiver and DB (or Safety) KNEW he'd blown it. Better to take a penalty than allow a touchdown so he drives into receiver without EVER looking for the ball. The ball bounces off of his back while receiver is flying to the sideline from helmet led blow yet the refs somehow think the ball got there at the same time.

People are saying the Saints put themselves in that position. and should have had more points in their lead. Ummmm, people, championship games usually consist of TWO very good football teams. The Rams played a solid game and played well. The Saints played more than well enough to defeat the Rams but not well enough to beat the Rams with officials making sure the Saints didn't win. They did play well enough to defeat the Eagles AND the officials. Tough to do twice in a row when the League is willing to allow it to look obvious. Did you see how the official blew off Payton to hurry the game along after the call?

Kris

We blew a 13-0 lead at home yesterday. Blame the refs all you want, but we have to hold this offense accountable for going 3 and out over and over and over again. They piddled around when they could've put that game out of reach. I don't feel the refs entirely cost us. It should've never came down to that and we still had a chance after that in OT, just to throw an interception.

We blew a 13-0 lead at home yesterday. Blame the refs all you want, but we have to hold this offense accountable for going 3 and out over and over and over again. They piddled around when they could've put that game out of reach. I don't feel the refs entirely cost us. It should've never came down to that and we still had a chance after that in OT, just to throw an interception.

I addressed that already. Rams played a good game, Saints played a better one, yet lost. When the other team is allowed to hold on offensive line many many times during the WHOLE game without a call, what other extras are they allowed? Do you think that being allowed more leeway on defense for pass interference might cause an offense to suffer three and outs? If not you did not see how Seatle won their way to and won a Super Bowl causing "more attention being given to DB contact" the next year.
Fact is the Rams played well, the Saints played better and were robbed. They played better in the game even though the officials WERE controlling to benefit the RAMS.

This is one time where the officials are squarely to blame. They took the game from the Saints, literally. There is no disputing it. End of story.

I addressed that already. Rams played a good game, Saints played a better one, yet lost. When the other team is allowed to hold on offensive line many many times during the WHOLE game without a call, what other extras are they allowed? Do you think that being allowed more leeway on defense for pass interference might cause an offense to suffer three and outs? If not you did not see how Seatle won their way to and won a Super Bowl causing "more attention being given to DB contact" the next year.
Fact is the Rams played well, the Saints played better and were robbed. They played better in the game even though the officials WERE controlling to benefit the RAMS.
How did we play better? They held us to a FG after the pick in their own territory, and their D line outplayed our O line.
We were at home and allowed them to come back and win (we also had the ball first in OT).

I actually anticipated a make-up call or two on the Rams field goal drive in regulation. We hadn't had a holding call on the opponents Oline in two games. We blitzed several times on that drive - it would have been easy to return the favor. It was just not to be, yesterday.

How did we play better? They held us to a FG after the pick in their own territory, and their D line outplayed our O line.
We were at home and allowed them to come back and win (we also had the ball first in OT).

How did the Saints (not we, We are not on the team) play better. Look at the scoreboard at 2:00 minutes in a game that the Saints were being biased against by the officials.

Both teams are very good, played well and the game was very close as most expected it to be. Issue is game result was impacted by a bogus no call on an obvious PI and/or helmet-to-helmet hit. No excuse here with the officials. I'm not buying this nonsense the Saints had other chances. The was too big a game on too big a stage for such a screwup. Officiating has been bad all year long. At both the college and NFL level. It has become a disgrace and makes the game impossible to watch.

How did the Saints (not we, We are not on the team) play better. Look at the scoreboard at 2:00 minutes in a game that the Saints were being biased against by the officials.
Wow that's the your best response ? I'm not on the team:ROFLMAO: and look at the clock.:unsure:

If you felt the Saints were going to put the Rams away you're sadly mistaken. Everything in the 4th quarter felt "wrong". The phantom TO, the lack of calls rams were getting away with, etc. If saints score a TD on that drive, Im wiling to bet it would have been negated by a holding penalty. The refs had this one in the books, and any call they could not make conspicuous they would have done. They literally could not throw the flag on that PI because that would have been the game ender.

Wow that's the your best response ? I'm not on the team:ROFLMAO: and look at the clock.:unsure:

Yes it is. I AM not on the team so there really is no "We played however". In a biased official called game the Saints were winning before the "no call" based on score and field position and what would have happened without biased officiating. That pretty much sums it up. It was not ONE call that set the game up in that position but the the overall slant of the officiating kept it close. Two dropped touchdown passes by the Saints WOULD have made a world of difference much more than your line play statement that was affected by the officiating never calling holding on Rams, but at the two minute point in the actual game the Saints were in position to put it away and had that taken from them.

Hold them accountable? What are you gonna do? Send them to bed without supper? What an incredibly stupid comment to make.

Yes it is. I AM not on the team so there really is no "We played however". In a biased official called game the Saints were winning before the "no call" based on score and field position and what would have happened without biased officiating. That pretty much sums it up. It was not ONE call that set the game up in that position but the the overall slant of the officiating kept it close. Two dropped touchdown passes by the Saints WOULD have made a world of difference much more than your line play statement that was affected by the officiating never calling holding on Rams, but at the two minute point in the actual game the Saints were in position to put it away and had that taken from them.
Oh well, to each his own. You have your view of things and I have my own.

Dude we played a good team no one is taking that away from the Rams, this is the NFC championship game not pre-season bad teams don't make the NFC championship team what were you expecting us to blow them out? Just shut up with stuff like that. This was going to be a tough game no matter what we all knew this was going to be a close game, and the refs deciding the winner is why we even have this thread. That is not how games should be.

Why don’t you go root for the rams? All you do is bag on the saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom