Saints WILL Defeat the Eagles! (1 Viewer)

Slants to Lance Moore will be the key -- it will negate the eagles pass rush

YES........

The eagles covered the passing game really well last game. Many teams now realize that giving time to Drew is not a good thing, therefore they will bring the pressure. Therefore quick passes for short yardage to Lance and Shockey will be the key. It will burn time off the clock (instead of quick scoring) there by keeping our D on the sideline and fresh while wearing their D down (especially if they are constantly attempting to put a serious pass rush the entire game / they will be exhausted in the 3rd / 4th qtrs).

YES........

The eagles covered the passing game really well last game. Many teams now realize that giving time to Drew is not a good thing, therefore they will bring the pressure. Therefore quick passes for short yardage to Lance and Shockey will be the key. It will burn time off the clock (instead of quick scoring) there by keeping our D on the sideline and fresh while wearing their D down (especially if they are constantly attempting to put a serious pass rush the entire game / they will be exhausted in the 3rd / 4th qtrs).
Yes a agree with this one. Short passes and runs up the middle 1st and 2nd quarter. Start stretching it out in the 3rd and when their D is worn out in the 4th bomb the heck out of them. Keep the ball about 36 minutes and score 31 on them.

First of all, Congrats on the game last week! I didn't see the game but kept an eye on the score and saw the highlights. You guys looked pretty stinking good. Of course it was against a Minor League Detroit Lions team but that doesn't matter in the W & L column.

Anyway, I think you have a good shot at beating the Eagles if.....You can pick up the blitz packages they put together. Their new DC came up with some pretty ridiculous packages against us and brought pressure all day. We started our really good and ran the ball effectively but once we got behind they were bringing the blitz from everywhere. The LB's were in the rushing lanes and Jake was it panic/chuck it mode. Our coaching staff never adjusted and started any kind of a quick/short route passing game and they kicked our teeth in all game long.

I expect Brees to be able to beat most of that pressure as long as him and your receivers are on the same page. I expect Lance Moore and Bush will have a big game on hot reads, swing passes, and quick slants. We'll see how it goes - but that's how I see it.

I will kindly accept all "thank you's" on behalf of the Panthers organization for busting the old squeezebox of McNabb and slowing him down right before you guys play him.

Good Luck next week.....I have to pluck a few Falcons. My new saying this week is, "pluck you! You dirty egg laying ********!"

Bush is going to put it on the ground at least once this game. He'll try too hard to make up for fumbling last week and just make it worse.

Bush is going to put it on the ground at least once this game. He'll try too hard to make up for fumbling last week and just make it worse.

I don't know why but I get this feeling too. He seems to try too hard and creates more trouble for himself and the team when he isn't the spotlight of the game.

I'd love to see Reggie light it up on some quick check downs. That'll back the defense off like nothing else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom