Saints will Draft 1 of These Players. Which do u like? (1 Viewer)

Ive been spending countless hours looking at game film and these are the players I think the Saints can and will target with their 1st pick.

Reuben Foster - LB
Derek Barnett - DE
Teez Tabor- CB
Marshon Lattimore - CB
Taco Charlton - DE
Solomom Thomas - DE

I'd swap Tabor with Malik Hooker or Sidney Jones.

Cant believe i forgot sydney jones

A player to keep an eye on is Charlton. Hes a true end at 275-280 pounds, is explosive as a pass rusher and very strong as a run defender. He reminds me so much of Michael Bennett. I think he is a huge possibility.

Keep a close eye on all of Michigan's prospects for that matter.

As for your premise. I'm all in on Reuben Foster.

I'd love to see us do something like Reuben Foster in the 1st, trade back into the 1st or early 2nd to get Adoree Jackson or Jabrill Peppers, hopefully keep our 2nd from the first trade to snag Tanoh Kpassagnon or Dorian Johnson.

But yeah. A lot depends on what we do in free agency.

Reuben Foster - LB
Derek Barnett - DE
Sidney Jones- CB
Marshon Lattimore - CB
Taco Charlton - DE
Solomon Thomas - DE
Malik Hooker - S

I think our cloud will look pretty close to that. Hooker, Thomas, and Foster will probably go top 10. Barnett or Charlton is the pick if we sign a top corner in FA. If not, possibly Lattimore or Jones.

Just my thoughts on it. Could be way off.

I'd typically say Foster here, but if Solomon Thomas is there we better sprint to the podium to take him. That guy is the real deal.

Definitely Foster. With Mike Nolan he is a starter Week 1 and an instant contributor on our weakest position.

Solomon Thomas. He may not be a perfect fit, but he is a straight up beast. I just hope he makes it to our pick.

For some reason, I've been sold on him as the pick since Sean Payton used the term "pressure player" when asked about team needs. Solomon Thomas may not be a prototypical WDE, but he is the best pressure player in this draft IMO.

Ive been spending countless hours looking at game film and these are the players I think the Saints can and will target with their 1st pick.

Reuben Foster - LB

Derek Barnett - DE

Teez Tabor- CB

Marshon Lattimore - CB

Taco Charlton - DE

Solomom Thomas - DE

From the video I have seen of Thomas, he seems to be more of an inside guy at least in college. His build and ability to run down people suggest he may be able to play end at least in a 3-4. Do you think he could play a 4-3 end? I feel like that is our weakest link particularly as an edge rusher and he seems to be a really strong player. I would like to see him as a who dat, but feel he doesnt fill a particular need. Although he does appear to be a really good football player and you can never have enough of those... thoughts?

From the video I have seen of Thomas, he seems to be more of an inside guy at least in college. His build and ability to run down people suggest he may be able to play end at least in a 3-4. Do you think he could play a 4-3 end? I feel like that is our weakest link particularly as an edge rusher and he seems to be a really strong player. I would like to see him as a who dat, but feel he doesnt fill a particular need. Although he does appear to be a really good football player and you can never have enough of those... thoughts?

I think he can do it and I actually love the idea of him playing RE for us. Just thinking about him running a stunt with Rankins or Fairley is pretty scary. He would be a beast in the run game and can beat his man 1 on 1 pass rushing. Payton said we need "a couple of pressure players". Doesn't sound like he's talking strictly about "speed rushers". Solomon Thomas is a pressure player if I've ever seen one. Dennis Allen could have some fun with a D line of Thomas, Rankins, Fairley, Jordan. I don't understand why anyone would want to pass on him because he isn't a "speed rusher". He still has plenty of speed. He's faster than Barnett.

I'd typically say Foster here, but if Solomon Thomas is there we better sprint to the podium to take him. That guy is the real deal.

I'm just worried about him going top 10, which is very likely. I'm with you, if he's there at 11, it should be a no brainer. I'd flip out if we passed on a talent like that over how he fits into the defense. You can line him up anywhere from 9 tech to 3 tech and he'll wreak havoc.

Edit:
Another thought: Look at how Vic Beasley was negated in the Super Bowl due to being a pure speed rusher. Grady Jarrett was the guy causing problems. I don't want a guy who loops around 90% of the time, allowing the QB to step up into the pocket, relying on interior rushers to stop the QB from stepping up. I prefer the guy that beats his man and has more of a straight line to the QB, leaving them no escape route.

Reuben Foster - LB
Derek Barnett - DE
Teez Tabor- CB
Marshon Lattimore - CB
Taco Charlton - DE
Solomom Thomas - DE

bamapick2.0.gif

Reuben foster is by far the biggest need in the heart of the defense but if gone Solomon is the best compliment to cam jordan to pretty fast strong bull rushing run stopping ends that can still reach the qb. No brainer

Derek Barnett would be a blessing ..... this draft is deep as far as cornerbacks are concerned .... we have to get someone to play on the otherside of Cam Jordan ...

Starting to think McKinley is the best fit for what NO wants on the edge opposite Cam. So much explosion and can burn right by. As great as a well rounded DE would be, pure speed might be more effective at consistently getting to the passer.

If we do take a guy like Barnett or Thomas, I'll be thrilled, but I'd also want to grab a Josh Carraway type later on to give us some speed in on 3rd downs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom