Saints win out they are in.... (1 Viewer)

I think the Saints will beat the Jets, panthers, and falcons... and then on draft day we'll all be extremely upset they won those regular season games as they are put out of position to draft the top WRs and end up drafting another Center to change his position.

I'd love to see this, but be realistic. Even if we got in, who are we beating with so many guys out for the year and a patchwork QB room?
Exactly. Making the playoffs only means that we would have to face the top tier of defenses and offenses, and I don't know about you but we sure look like one of the worst teams in the league right now to me.

Exactly. Making the playoffs only means that we would have to face the top tier of defenses and offenses, and I don't know about you but we sure look like one of the worst teams in the league right now to me.
The key words in
your statement is “right now”.
If we were to win out you would then assume our chances in the playoffs wouldn’t look as bleak then because would be on a 5 game winning streak.

As a long time Saints fan (way before Drew), I can say we will win just enough games to give us a higher pick without making the playoffs. Or even worse, make it in as the 7th and lose the first round game. Whatever screws us over the most is what will happen.

I'd wish for us to win out to the Superbowl or lose out the rest of the games, but I know that losing the rest of the games will give us a better draft pick - it won't happen.

As a long time Saints fan (way before Drew), I can say we will win just enough games to give us a higher pick without making the playoffs. Or even worse, make it in as the 7th and lose the first round game. Whatever screws us over the most is what will happen.

I'd wish for us to win out to the Superbowl or lose out the rest of the games, but I know that losing the rest of the games will give us a better draft pick - it won't happen.
This .. We wont lose enough games for a top pick , Its not in Sean Payton for one , two history says we will win enough to pick middle of the pack .The Texans , Lions and Jags are battling for the #1 pick , The Bears ,Seahawks , Jets and Giants are probably picking after them . With us at 5 wins and a host of others at 5 and 6 wins , I see us picking between 10 and 20 depending how the season unfolds . If we could find out this season that we have a QB of the future ( Ian Book ) on the roster it helps in cap space and gives us the ability to target a Weapon or 2 early . WR or TE maybe . All that said we will pick OL in round one lol .

The key words in
your statement is “right now”.
If we were to win out you would then assume our chances in the playoffs wouldn’t look as bleak then because would be on a 5 game winning streak.
I give u credit for optimism but not for being realistic.

I believe if the Saints win out they are in the playoffs.
Why quit with the playoffs....I'll go one further, if the Saints were to win out, I say they will win the Superbowl. ......but where is my fifth?

Anyone else feel less stressed this year? Not having to worry about heartbreak playoff loses. If we win yay! But if we lose it’s okay, we know it’s not the best roster. Not so glued to the tv like years past

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom