Saints wont tender Marquez Callaway (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't think so. I think you have to invest in an X in either free agency or the draft in case MT doesn't make it through the season so that would be MT, Olave, Saheed, and draft pick? Not sure if they keep TQS, so he would be an expensive 5th or 6th receiver. Maybe they keep him for special teams? But, they have Saheed for that.
Harty has clear ability. He adds explosiveness on offense and on special teams.

It's still a wait and see, the offense is being tweaked so there will be openings for outside additions.

Harty has clear ability. He adds explosiveness on offense and on special teams.

It's still a wait and see, the offense is being tweaked so there will be openings for outside additions.

He does, but he'd likely be #6 on the depth chart and Saheed is also a good returner. The Saints just gave JT Gray a good contract so they may offer Harty a similar contract, but he likely could get a better offer elsewhere.

TQS can play every WR position, blocks, goes across the middle, has a career 66.8% catch rate and now plays ST. He has more value than a tiny UDFA KR/PR/gadget WR.

TQS just shouldn't be WR1, but WR4-6 is okay for him.
I think TQS is better suited to be someone else’s WR 4-6. He had his chance here.

Not sure why everyone wants to get rid of Harty? We finally have a QB that can throw an accurate deep ball. We can have two burners taking the top off of the defense. Why would anyone not want that is beyond me?

I don't see anyone wanting to get rid of Harty. But wanting to get rid of Harty, and thinking the Saints won't be able keep him to are two different things.

Calloway is a good receiver who can make difficult catches. But there is obviously a huge chemistry issue with the Saints. If he lands with the right team he could become a great contributor. It's all about the right system and coaching support to use him.

Speed and explosiveness, is a redundancy problem we need.
We already have that speed and explosiveness with Shaheed and Olave'. Harty would just be a luxury that we would have to pay a decent amount of money to. He may want to get paid more than the Saints are willing to give him. Besides, Shaheed can do everything Harty can do and he's not as injury prone as Harty.

We already have that speed and explosiveness with Shaheed and Olave'. Harty would just be a luxury that we would have to pay a decent amount of money to. He may want to get paid more than the Saints are willing to give him. Besides, Shaheed can do everything Harty can do and he's not as injury prone as Harty.
Shaheed didn't get drafted because he was coming off a torn ACL...I think you can never have too much speed on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom