Saints wont tender Marquez Callaway (1 Viewer)

He peaked in the preseason game in 2021. Two of the best diving catches I’ve ever seen.

He won't be missed much in our system but will make some other team a good no 3.

We'll need a replacement for him and Harty, who can't stay on the field.

I don't see anyone wanting to get rid of Harty. But wanting to get rid of Harty, and thinking the Saints won't be able keep him to are two different things.
I’ve seen posts from last year (and some this year), saying that Shaheed has made Harty expendable. They don’t realize that speed kills, it especially kills a secondary. I want speed and lots of it!!!

I’ve seen posts from last year (and some this year), saying that Shaheed has made Harty expendable. They don’t realize that speed kills, it especially kills a secondary. I want speed and lots of it!!!

I agree. I think it would depend on what he's asking for, but he might price himself out of returning. He was a UDFA as was Shaheed. There are plenty of smaller fast guys that we could bring in as a UDFA to bring in to the UDFA KR/PR/WR pipeline we have going.

I think TQS is better suited to be someone else’s WR 4-6. He had his chance here.

I do think he could be upgraded with someone who had more speed, but in the absence of an upgrade he's not bad to keep around considering everything he can do. I also know you lead the "ABTQS" Fan Club so I fully expected you to be the first to reply.

Our CAP position most likely eliminates what it will take to resign Harty. He’s earned a decent payday, but unlikely from the Saints because it’s probably not a smart investment to sign a guy that has a high probability of getting injured. Assuming we did, as soon as he’s injured, we’re back to replacing him with another UDFA. I’m sure people will say that injuries can happen to anyone at anytime but you do have to consider how small he is. I could see him signing with a receiver needy team like the Panthers that are not as CAP strapped as we are. He’s always a threat when he’s on the field but, injuries and staying in the game has become the real issue.

As for Callaway, his blooper into the arms of an Arizona DB for a pick six, and the big drop on 3’rd and 1 verses the Bucs (?) game on the line, tells me it’s time for him to find a fresh start elsewhere.

It sounds great in theory, but when one can't stay on the field and is probably going to demand more than he's worth to the team because of Shaheed, it reduces the chances of them making him an offer.

Not sure why everyone wants to get rid of Harty? We finally have a QB that can throw an accurate deep ball. We can have two burners taking the top off of the defense. Why would anyone not want that is beyond me?
I love Harty. I don't think he is available enough to keep on the team at anything but a vet min.

He's explosive for about 2 games a year. The rest of the time he's on IR.

Agreed. We are not expecting Hardy to be a 1-3 WR. He is a better receiver than anticipated. I want to keep him in our top 6 WRs. He can't stay healthy enough to be a top guy, but keeping his speed and surprising route running on the team can be nothing but good.

I do think he could be upgraded with someone who had more speed, but in the absence of an upgrade he's not bad to keep around considering everything he can do. I also know you lead the "ABTQS" Fan Club so I fully expected you to be the first to reply.
Last year was set up for him to show what he can do for this team receiving but he disappeared. He is an extremely good blocker, but at some point, he has to get open. It is time to move on.

We just need Thomas healthy, Olave improve on last year, Shaheed break out, Harty have some splash plays, Johnson take another step up...and throw in a little Taysom...and it will be an offense like Brees prime years.

Oh...and figure out what to do with the RB position depending on Kamaras suspension.

That’s the thing, I hear about all the things that he can do, but it’s a farce. He can’t play any WR position and his blocking is overblown. IF he could play any WR position, then we would be able to move him around, and at least “luck” into getting him open, or create a mismatch. That doesn’t happen. Just bc he understands what every WR entails, does not mean that he can actually play those positions. In regards to his blocking, he’s above average, but not the Blockzilla that everyone makes him out to be. We needed that guy to be more and he gave us next to nothing. If a guy is lucky enough to be in a system for 5 years, then he should be somewhat of a contributor. At some point, we have to cut ties with this dude. Frankly I see him as a waste of a roster spot. It’s been nothing but constant regression with him. I’ve seen practice squad players on other teams, get added to a roster spot, and get open better than he does. Make this make sense!?!? I’m not the rose colored glasses type fan. I call a spade a spade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom