Saints wont tender Marquez Callaway (1 Viewer)

That’s the thing, I hear about all the things that he can do, but it’s a farce. He can’t play any WR position and his blocking is overblown. IF he could play any WR position, then we would be able to move him around, and at least “luck” into getting him open, or create a mismatch. That doesn’t happen. Just bc he understands what every WR entails, does not mean that he can actually play those positions. In regards to his blocking, he’s above average, but not the Blockzilla that everyone makes him out to be. We needed that guy to be more and he gave us next to nothing. If a guy is lucky enough to be in a system for 5 years, then he should be somewhat of a contributor. At some point, we have to cut ties with this dude. Frankly I see him as a waste of a roster spot. It’s been nothing but constant regression with him. I’ve seen practice squad players on other teams, get added to a roster spot, and get open better than he does. Make this make sense!?!? I’m not the rose colored glasses type fan. I call a spade a spade.
Being 100% honest, Brandon Coleman was a better blocker than TQS. That's someone who should've been moved to TE.

That’s the thing, I hear about all the things that he can do, but it’s a farce. He can’t play any WR position and his blocking is overblown. IF he could play any WR position, then we would be able to move him around, and at least “luck” into getting him open, or create a mismatch. That doesn’t happen. Just bc he understands what every WR entails, does not mean that he can actually play those positions. In regards to his blocking, he’s above average, but not the Blockzilla that everyone makes him out to be. We needed that guy to be more and he gave us next to nothing. If a guy is lucky enough to be in a system for 5 years, then he should be somewhat of a contributor. At some point, we have to cut ties with this dude. Frankly I see him as a waste of a roster spot. It’s been nothing but constant regression with him. I’ve seen practice squad players on other teams, get added to a roster spot, and get open better than he does. Make this make sense!?!? I’m not the rose colored glasses type fan. I call a spade a spade.

I do agree with you. I guess my mindset on him was, since he can do those things, that's been the reason he's stayed around and why the re-signed him. However, although he does have a decent catch %, his drops continue to go up with them peaking last season at 11%, 3 drops and only 19 receptions. That's unacceptable. He might be a 4.5 guy, but he doesn't play like a 4.5 guy and personally, I'd like to take a page out of the Dolphins team building strategy and infuse the WR room with speed, and a lot of it. We have the tacticians in MT and Olave, but let's get some speed in that room. Merritt (4.33) and Baker (4.42) both bring speed and are on the roster. They also both have size at 6'-6'1" and ~215lbs. I don't know where their place is on the roster or how they compare to WRs the FO would look at in the draft or FA. TQS can be upgraded no doubt and maybe this is the year we finally upgrade from him. I know I moved on from him years ago on my fantasy teams.

Hopefully, the line plays better this year so Carr can have time for his 3rd and 4th options, not running for his life.

I do agree with you. I guess my mindset on him was, since he can do those things, that's been the reason he's stayed around and why the re-signed him. However, although he does have a decent catch %, his drops continue to go up with them peaking last season at 11%, 3 drops and only 19 receptions. That's unacceptable. He might be a 4.5 guy, but he doesn't play like a 4.5 guy and personally, I'd like to take a page out of the Dolphins team building strategy and infuse the WR room with speed, and a lot of it. We have the tacticians in MT and Olave, but let's get some speed in that room. Merritt (4.33) and Baker (4.42) both bring speed and are on the roster. They also both have size at 6'-6'1" and ~215lbs. I don't know where their place is on the roster or how they compare to WRs the FO would look at in the draft or FA. TQS can be upgraded no doubt and maybe this is the year we finally upgrade from him. I know I moved on from him years ago on my fantasy teams.
The Chiefs, in their ascension to the top, predicated their offense on speed. They were gassing defenses

The Chiefs, in their ascension to the top, predicated their offense on speed. They were gassing defenses
I think Mahomes is mostly responsible for gassing defenses, a team of fast players wouldn’t be as effective without him creating on the fly. The Raiders used to draft for speed, it never amounted to anything.

I think Mahomes is mostly responsible for gassing defenses, a team of fast players wouldn’t be as effective without him creating on the fly. The Raiders used to draft for speed, it never amounted to anything.

I should've said speed/skill, not just speed.

Well obviously he is the straw that stirs the drink, but you could see the difference in their offense this year (less speed) vs in the past. Sure they still won a SB, but their offense wasn’t as explosive as before

I really liked Callaway early on and thought he could be a really good 3rd WR if he could continue to grow and improve, it didn’t happen…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom