Saints working out Kenny Stills, Marqise Lee, two others (1 Viewer)

I'm not saying they won't sign one of these guys, but it's very typical of the Saints to bring guys in for workouts in the beginning if the week during the season. This is when they start to build their contingency list for if/when there's an injury down the road.
I agree that they may just be kicking the tires on people they might need to call later, but it also seemed like we had trouble getting WRs open yesterday. Some is maybe how the Packers schemed the O, but maybe Payton doesn't think he has enough WRs that can win their battles in man coverage. If people can just roll a safety over Callaway and minimize the threat he brings, then another WR has to be able to get open against man consistently.

Either a new injury or the Saints saw what we saw on Sunday which was a lack of consistent separation by the WRs. Unfortunately, we can't expect to dominate the TOP and LOS like we did this week every Sunday. We also can't expect to run like we did nor do we want Jameis continually having to use his legs. We need some more players who can create some separation.
I kept thinking either Jameis isn’t seeing the routes or they’re not getting separation. Glad they’re addressing it. Stills please

Kenny Stills, come on down! Hope he has got things together by now. If memory serves, he was one of the locker room problems.
He definitely was. Sean ditched him with the quickness so it's really interesting to see his name brought up here.

Well only 4 receivers were even targeted yesterday. Lil Jordan didn't even get a target. Montgomery got 1, Callaway got 1, Hogan got 1, and Harris got 2. Callaway must've been doubled all day. Hogan bobbled the one he caught. You can consider Juwan a WR, and he seemed to misjudge the easy TD, because he slowed down, which made it a much tougher catch. Montgomery has looked good to me, but for some reason he doesn't get many targets. So I think only Harris and Callaway are NFL starter quality. We need another one. Marqise Lee is intriguing. He isn't a blazer, but he's quick and has a huge wingspan. Kenny Stills is intriguing because he is very fast, and a proven commodity. Kelvin has the best catch rate, but he's only played 1 season. I think Hogan and Humphrey are upgradeable, and these salaries won't be guaranteed. That's particularly important with Stills.

Either a new injury or the Saints saw what we saw on Sunday which was a lack of consistent separation by the WRs. Unfortunately, we can't expect to dominate the TOP and LOS like we did this week every Sunday. We also can't expect to run like we did nor do we want Jameis continually having to use his legs. We need some more players who can create some separation.
According to next Gen stats the Saints WR’s created the second best separation of a wr’ing corps in all of the NFL in Week 1 with 4.31 yards of separation.

The narrative that our WR’s don’t create separation isn’t “real”. The inexperience angle is real, so maybe anyone not comfortable with our receivers should lean on that.

You know i wouldnt mind seeing more passes thrown Juwans way. He produced nicely on Sunday, he should be rewarded with more targets.

I think as the season progresses, Winston and the WRs will gel better with more in game action

Well only 4 receivers were even targeted yesterday. Lil Jordan didn't even get a target. Montgomery got 1, Callaway got 1, Hogan got 1, and Harris got 2. Callaway must've been doubled all day. Hogan bobbled the one he caught. You can consider Juwan a WR, and he seemed to misjudge the easy TD, because he slowed down, which made it a much tougher catch. Montgomery has looked good to me, but for some reason he doesn't get many targets. So I think only Harris and Callaway are NFL starter quality. We need another one. Marqise Lee is intriguing. He isn't a blazer, but he's quick and has a huge wingspan. Kenny Stills is intriguing because he is very fast, and a proven commodity. Kelvin has the best catch rate, but he's only played 1 season. I think Hogan and Humphrey are upgradeable, and these salaries won't be guaranteed. That's particularly important with Stills.
We need to upgrade our WRs as a unit, but your criticism of Juwan and Hogan is off base. They cost us almost nothing and balled out yesterday and both had TD catches. Plus, Hogan made some wicked crack back blocks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom