Saints working out Kenny Stills, Marqise Lee, two others (1 Viewer)

Last time Stills was in the dome, he caught a clutch bomb (from Watson) to tie up the score.

This guy can separate. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him back. He can help us move the chains + he has serious speed.
I don't think he has serious speed. Never thought of him as being that fast. Remembered watching his first game in the dome against Atlanta in 2013 and he caught a pass down the middle breaking free but he couldn't outrun the defenders.

I don't think he has serious speed. Never thought of him as being that fast. Remembered watching his first game in the dome against Atlanta in 2013 and he caught a pass down the middle breaking free but he couldn't outrun the defenders.

He ran a 4.38 at the combine. He’s got (or had) solid speed.

Here’s a clip of the play you’re remembering. He was trying to outrun two defenders at an angle and ended up caught from behind by a third defender who had the advantage of running in a straight line to catch him.

He ran a 4.38 at the combine. He’s got (or had) solid speed.

Here’s a clip of the play you’re remembering. He was trying to outrun two defenders at an angle an ended up caught from behind by a third defender who had the advantage of running in a straight line to catch him.

Correct... word for him I would use is solid speed. He does run solid route. Back in the days David Patten and Joe Horn were guys I consider to be real fast. I am hoping they give White a chance. But the coaches know better.

Correct... word for him I would use is solid speed. He does run solid route. Back in the days David Patten and Joe Horn were guys I consider to be real fast. I am hoping they give White a chance. But the coaches know better.

Sub 4.4 is notable. He’s not in the mold of the rare players with truly elite speed, but he can outrun coverage and stretch defenses. He’s plenty fast enough.

Before people get too excited about Kenny Stills, keep in mind he was a street free agent after week 1 of the season. All 32 teams had filled both their active rosters and practice squads with all the desirable WR's... and Stills was still unsigned.

Everybody is aware that he was sitting at home through the first week of the season.

The hope is that he can help bolster a squad that was already without Thomas, has lost Smith for an unknown period of time, and is expected to be without Harris at some point soon.

You’re right that Hogan is a great blocking WR, but it makes me worry to see him double clutching an easy pass. Also, I don’t know if he wasn’t getting separation, but that was his only target. If he had been hit, it would’ve been a drop. Juwan made a good play on the 1st TD, but I think he made the 2 Ms catch harder than it should’ve been by slowing down. It was also on Winston. It would’ve been tragic to miss in that easy open pass.
I think you're worrying too much about Hogan. He's a proven veteran receiver in the NFL. Here is what Nick Underhill had to say about his touchdown on NewOrleans.Football:

Chris Hogan made one of the best plays of the day on his touchdown. He initially sat in a zone, but once he noticed Winston working through the pocket, he extended his route and made himself friendly to the quarterback by staying within his throwing window.

Does this indicate the end of the Kevin White experiment?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom