Saints | Xavier Rhodes could be targeted (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints | Xavier Rhodes could be targeted
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:16:11 -0700

The New Orleans Saints made cornerback their top priority in free agency, and even after adding CB Keenan Lewis, they still pursued other targets. The team wants to improve their pass defense, with an emphasis on physical corners who can handle man-to-man press coverage. That makes Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes a very realistic option for the team with the No. 15 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. University of Washington CB Desmond Trufant is also a possibility.

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

That's right Loomis build up a trade market. We've been linked to what 4 players now?

Vacarro/Jones/Austin/Rhodes. All could b available when we pick..and all could be coveted by other teams more than us which could lead to a 2nd rounder...which I think well try to trade back into the 2nd anyway.

Teams have their guy and I think Jamie Collins is ours...we sent 4 scouts to his pro day and talked with him@ the senior bowl...yet no personal invite??? He can be had in the 2nd...I think he is a taget

I like Trufant more, I think he's more pro-ready than Rhodes right now but could be better in the long run. It depends on whether or not our new DB coach can do what he was brought in to do.

Im high on Rhodes so I'd love to have him.
He is a guy who would instant help our secondary and pass rush.
Sent from phone via Tapatalk

I think its obvious Rob is not at all comfortable with our secondary

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

Im just happy Johnny Patrick will not be on the field as much as last year.

Man... I was listening to Sirius a couple weeks ago and they had a beat writer on, talking about Rhodes and said he was soft and not physical.... After that, I lost interest in him...

But that's the only person I've heard that from... Everyone else says he's a big, physical and talented.... I don't know what to think...

I do like corners in the 1st round , OT except for us, unless one of the top 3 fall, that might be tempting . the whole idea of the 3-4 is not to spend so much on DE's , use tweeners that can be found in later rounds. trading down sounds good too,.

That's right Loomis build up a trade market. We've been linked to what 4 players now?

Vacarro/Jones/Austin/Rhodes. All could b available when we pick..and all could be coveted by other teams more than us which could lead to a 2nd rounder...which I think well try to trade back into the 2nd anyway.

Teams have their guy and I think Jamie Collins is ours...we sent 4 scouts to his pro day and talked with him@ the senior bowl...yet no personal invite??? He can be had in the 2nd...I think he is a taget

I also REALLY like Collins. He's not a #15 talent, but I dont think he'll be there for us with our 3rd rd pick either. Since we dont have a 2nd rd pick, if we want Collins, we now have to 'manufacture' a way to get him........

That DOB has screwed us AGAIN! :rant:

IF we had that 2nd rder, and IF he was available at 15, I'd take Austin, then Collins in the 2nd. Straight up.

You have to win your division first. Harassing and neutralizing White and JJ for the next 4 years warms my heart. If you are gonna pick a good CB it has to be in the 1st round and it's doubtful we pick this early in the Draft for years to come without trading up.
All that being said, i have absolutely no idea, not a clue, whom the Saints will pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom