Saints zeroing in on Asomugha and McKinnie... (1 Viewer)

Last I hear greer's contract was guaranteed. PRob gives a savings of about 2.2 million. But are we ready to cut ties with youngster.

I really have my doubts we could get McKinnie for cheap, and he is not worth a big contracts, the guy is 33 years old, and indeed can be a great left tackle, but he is also unreliable.

With Nnamdi, I think the offer is on the table, and I don`t think it is a high one, it is up to Nnamdi to take it or leave it, but it would not come up.

no, nnamdi has an offer on the table, just waiting on him to decide.. how many times this has to be said?

No need to jump down the OP's throat because he's sharing an article that was published today. Some of us are excited by this potential signing, and this article keeps that hope alive. I, for one, have been watching the sports networks and hitting F5 like a madman since Nnamdi visited.

I think Brees will restructure only for Graham's contract.

Money for Asomugha McKinnie Butler will have to come from elsewhere.

I think he'd restructure for a left tackle.

They may not want him to restructure.

You can only push so much money into the future. We have to eat some of it this year so we aren't hamstrung next year.

Really hard to know the Saints cap at the moment because the salary figures for Watson, Humber, Herring, and Roby have not been disclosed. So, assume the Saints are at 123M. Hard to see them offering Nnamdi more than a 1 yr deal for 2M, to add to the 4M the Eagles owe him.

If they sign him, then I think you see a group of the $500,000 contracts go away...guys possibly like Cadet, Romeus, etc...

The Hartley deal is now shaping up as a bad overreach.

Never seen so many threads about a dude that's not on the team. :rolleyes:

You sure?

29724_f520.jpg

What's the savings if we cut Greer? I'd be surprised if such a move was made but he and Nnamdi are about the same age so maybe it's a possibility we only keep one.

Any backups with non-guranteed contracts we might jettison?

Jabari Greer Contract, Salaries, and Transactions

1.5 if cut outright, 2.8 if designated a June 1st cut.

Personally I like Greer, but he has had injury concerns and he is smaller if we're moving to a more press oriented scheme. He was amazing in 2009 but he has declined somewhat physically (in my opinion). Personally I prefer Greer, but we could probably go with Nnamdi, Robinson, and Lewis. Robinson was actually not as bad as most think, he allowed a 56% completion percentage, which is good, but got eaten up on big plays often times. If you roll the safety to him, as we did towards Porter in 2009, he could be a more effective Tracy Porter. Nnamdi also was pretty good in press coverage and the top slot defender in 2011, so if you're willing to dismiss the 2012 year as just a bad situation, that trio does make sense.

It is notable that while restructured Evans, Grubbs, and even Bunkley, we did not do so with Greer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom