Saintsations are now Saints Cheer Krewe (1 Viewer)

Like several others on this thread, I would like to know (a) who made the decision--I am assuming Gayle or Lauscha--and (b) why was it made. The Saintsations offered certain positives. The current group offers little of value. The organization can simply end the cheer krewe experiment.

I understand the Saintsations were sexist. So are the LSU Golden Girls, but they are not going away anytime shortly. The young women who competed to be Saintsations had their reasons for doing so--an opportunity to be noticed with regard to modeling or business or entertainment; a chance to be seen by future suitors; ego; a fun time before settling down. But the whole idea of having males as dancers and a cheer squad for a professional football team seems absurd. Go back to the original concept or completely abandon it.

Just let the Baby Dolls come in and do their thing.

I had a friend who was a Saintsation back in the 90's, she got rolled over by a sideline camera truck. I knew a couple of others, they were really nice.

I don't think the name change is all that interesting, but my unneeded and unnecessary comment is about as relevant as the name change.

I just don't understand how the name Saintsations can be deemed sexist. It's an obvious play on saints and sensational. What is sexist or exclusionary about that? Is the name Temptations sexist too? I could see if they were the Flourdelettes or something. Saintsations sounds pretty neutral to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom