Article SAINTSFASTER THAN LIGHTNING: Undrafted Saints WR (and Former LSU Track Star) Cyril Grayson’s Elite Speed Keeps “Turning Heads” (1 Viewer)

Good read.

But if it comes down to one young, inexperienced, fast WR then Dural probably has the advantage. Maybe both on the PS? Should be fun to watch if he makes it to a pre-season game. Hope he does.

No offense, but big deal.

We know he's fast. So does every other team, including those he's already been with. They let him go.

What's he doing differently now? That would actually be a story worth reading.

No offense, but big deal.

We know he's fast. So does every other team, including those he's already been with. They let him go.

What's he doing differently now? That would actually be a story worth reading.

Well he didn’t play collegiate ball so that initially put him WAY behind other players. He’s been on 3 different teams now with 3 different position coaches. So I’m sure he’s learned techniques, and other things that he didn’t know originally to help him on the field. I’m pretty sure originally he just tried to use his speed to beat people early on and realized he can’t do that in the NFL. Now he has Coach CJ to further his development. I don’t see him making the 53 unless he kills
It as a kick returner, but if he makes the PS he may get a shot if the injury bug comes around.

I’m a lil surprised that nobody brought up the Michael Lewis comparison.

Yeah, OK, now I have! ?

Lewis was 5’8” 173 lbs, 4.3 forty ( from what I could find). Grayson, 5’9” 183 lbs, 4.33 forty. Neither played college football. Lewis played some semi pro, Arena ball n in NFL Europe. Grayson played on a couple of practice squads. Both attended high school in Metairie ( Grace King n Archbishop Rummel)

Both were inexperienced, but it was their speed that got them in the door.

Lewis made the most of his opportunity.

Will Cyril do the same?

Wishing him well, but he has no chance of making the 53, and little chance of making the practice squad.

And we cut drafted players in favor of UDFAs just about every year (until Ireland came here, that is) I wish him well, and hope to see him ball.

If he makes it, it's because if Curtis Johnson can fix Devery Henderson? He can fix damn near anybody.

The Beerman comparison is intriguing, for sure. Even Lewis' scant pre-Saints experience was more than Grayson's, though.

The only big-time track guys who became a bona fide, competent NFL receivers were Bob Hayes and Willie Gault. It takes a combination of speed and other skills to put all that together.

Never mind the beerman comparisons.

We've got another speedster who put out an open challenge to ANY NFL player.

I want to see the race between Grayson and Ginn.

The Beerman comparison is intriguing, for sure. Even Lewis' scant pre-Saints experience was more than Grayson's, though.

The only big-time track guys who became a bona fide, competent NFL receivers were Bob Hayes and Willie Gault. It takes a combination of speed and other skills to put all that together.

Hayes WAS a highly recruited football player got a scholarship to Florida A&, not "just" a track star. He didn't "become" a player.
Big difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom