Salary cap question. A.J. Green (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So recently the Saints made some contract adjustments, to free up some salary cap space. That said, the cap space they now have, could A.J. Green’s remaining (pro-rated) salary, possibly fit? Or does Green’s entire yearly salary have to fit within the current salary cap money the Saints freed up? Not sure how it all works.

And could it be if his pro-rated dollars work, maybe a deal for him gets made in time for Drew’s return game. Someone with knowledge of Green’s current contract, I am sure could figure it out.

So recently the Saints made some contract adjustments, to free up some salary cap space. That said, the cap space they now have, could A.J. Green’s remaining (pro-rated) salary, possibly fit? Or does Green’s entire yearly salary have to fit within the current salary cap money the Saints freed up? Not sure how it all works.

Pro-rated.

I don’t believe we’d have enough yet, but we could get there if need be. Need to work out a deal first, of course.

Just the pro-rated salary. But I don’t know what those numbers are.

He's owed something like $4.9mil for the rest of the year, and we have something like $4.7mil in cap space. So we're pretty close, I'm sure it'd get worked out if we wanted to make the move.

Looks like his base salary for 2019 is 11.976 or about $748.5K a game. So after 6 games it should be down to $7.458 Million at this moment.

He's owed something like $4.9mil for the rest of the year, and we have something like $4.7mil in cap space. So we're pretty close, I'm sure it'd get worked out if we wanted to make the move.

Just wonder if he is worth the risk. I know he may be sandbagging some, just because he does not want to return to such a pathetic team and risk further injury. A move to a stable contender, may be the elixir he needs to get out the tub, so to speak.

Looks like his base salary for 2019 is 11.976 or about $748.5K a game. So after 6 games it should be down to $7.458 Million at this moment.

17week season so more like $7.75m's for the rest of the season.

cant loomis just sign him to a 1-2 year extension and spread the hit out if this all works out?
I think he would have to sign that theoretical extension with the Bengals first, prior to trade. I could be wrong, but I thought for the trade to go through and be accepted by the league office, the current contract money has to meet salary cap restrictions.

cant loomis just sign him to a 1-2 year extension and spread the hit out if this all works out?

giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom