Base Salaries
$94,790,105
Bonus Money
$30,450,358
Other Bonus
$20,660,749

Total Commitment=$145,901,212 Thats 2nd highest in the NFL in total commitment
money.

The New york Jets lead the way with $150,345,264.

With Drew at a 17.4 Cap Figure, Time to Get to Work and renegotiate!

Do you guys really think this stuff is news to Loomis?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think he's posting this for
Loomis.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Im just saying...every year we freak out about "what is Loomis going to do?!!"

He might not be a "football guy" but the man knows how to maximize the cap. Probably the best at it.

Dead Money
$64,166
Base Salaries
$94,790,105
Bonus Money
$30,450,358
Other Bonus
$20,660,749

Total Commitment=$145,901,212 Thats 2nd highest in the NFL in total commitment
money.

The New york Jets lead the way with $150,345,264.

With Drew at a 17.4 Cap Figure, Time to Get to Work and renegotiate!

Wow, that sucks for the Jets. At least we're in a place to compete.

As for us, there's no way Drew is going to renegotiate so early, and I think it would be a big mistake to start restructuring already. If we start kicking the can too soon, he's going to eat up a full half of our cap in the final year of that contract, which would be detrimental to the team even if he isn't on it at that point.

Is this without our Free Agent salaries? Where did the numbers come from and how are they broken down?

FWIW, the numbers likely aren't static. There are going to be a few cap casualties, cuts and restructures that will alter the current numbers quite a bit. Vilma and Smith (among others) are likely candidates for restructuring if they want to continue to play for the Saints.

Will Smith is a lock to be cut imo. Restructuring is not enough.

FWIW, the numbers likely aren't static. There are going to be a few cap casualties, cuts and restructures that will alter the current numbers quite a bit. Vilma and Smith (among others) are likely candidates for restructuring if they want to continue to play for the Saints.

Vilma is in the final year of his contract, so he cannot be restructured. Restructuring Will Smith would take his cap hit in 2014 to close to 20 million dollars...we can't keep kicking the can with these players.

I think Loomis did well last year, he signed five players that were good acquisitions including replacing Carl Nicks with the best possible FA and he resigned Brees and Colston. Sure we lost a few players that happens every year though.

People worry too much about the cap situation. It's almost like March is the NFL's Halloween and Mickey Loomis becomes Dr Sam Loomis and the salary cap is Michael Myers!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom