Sales man... question? (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For any of the sales men on saints report, do you continue to call the same people even though they don't answer your call or hang up on you regularly after you are told the customer doesn't want it? Do you just make the call daily for 6 years just so you can log it in your notes for work?

For any of the sales men on saints report, do you continue to call the same people even though they don't answer your call or hang up on you regularly after you are told the customer doesn't want it? Do you just make the call daily for 6 years just so you can log it in your notes for work?

i dont call back after the first no. They have my pricing, contact info and address. If they want, they will reach out.

But im blessed in that most of my business comes direct from referrals so i dont encounter much of that any longer. ( back years ago when cold-calling was popular )

At what point does it become harassment? What is the mentality to continue to call multiple times in a row after you were told, "we haven't answered the phone in over 6 years, so apparently we don't want it, thank you", Click. Do they think suddenly we will use their service cause they never gave up? I'm less likely to use someone if they can't get the hint.

At what point does it become harassment? What is the mentality to continue to call multiple times in a row after you were told, "we haven't answered the phone in over 6 years, so apparently we don't want it, thank you", Click. Do they think suddenly we will use their service cause they never gave up? I'm less likely to use someone if they can't get the hint.

There is an old school mentality with sales.

I deal with on a regular basis with my boss- who cut his teeth in the 70s/early 80s. And that was the model. Call, call, call until you pester them enough that they finally agree to do business with you.

There is a certain type of person who can do this- Type A...almost narcissistic in nature, that can be REPEATEDLY told no, only to follow up again as if the 10 previous no's never took place.

It doesnt really work that much in my industry today. Sure, i will lose a client every now and again to someone who employed that tactic, but its VERY RARE and if you ( the client ) are willing to toss "x" years of doing business with me because you are tired of telling someone "no" ...you will be back. And 90% of those do return.

I just have never been about the "pressure sale" - i dont think you can be today. The environment - every last bit of info at fingertips- just doesnt lend itself to that aggressive style any longer.

Try telling my boss that lolol

Some Salesman is just logging stats from a list he was given by his boss. Probably has to make 100 calls a day. The salesperson is either being lazy and wants a hang up to pad call stats or someone is making him/her keep calling.

If it keeps happening to you, find their website and asked to be removed from call list.

To answer your question, IMO, you progressively call less. Every day - twice a week - once every two weeks - Once a month - Once every 3 months - Once every 6 months and so on.

Unless of course, I have something new to offer that is different. A better price or I have researched your needs further and have a product that solves an issue I speculate you are having with your current product.

Of course, each call should be followed up by an email.

If you got an email from them, respond to it and say stop calling as well.

You could be right in your OP that the person might have some kind of in-house metric that they are needing to make the call. Maybe they are required to maintain a certain amount of active contacts or something like that. It might not be that they are just dense or obstinate - and you're just the unfortunate unwilling participant.

Of Course, now that SC500 has chimed in, just type a cease and desist form letter and send it to them. Just sign Chuck's name at the bottom. He won't mind.

Humorous, the message that was left after they had the "boss" make the call, "Hey we have some questions about a location. my number is.." Sorry, we don't have you as a vendor.

Freakin Wolf of Wall Street type, ********.

Thanks for putting my mind set back to where these type of tactics were apparently the norm. I'll just put them on hold from now on, boost their stats.

Get an employee, coworker or friend a burner phone at WalMart. Have them place a large order every week to a different fake address. Have them always say that the sales guy calling you sent them and told them to say that so he gets credit. Eventually he'll go away one way or another.

Of Course, now that SC500 has chimed in, just type a cease and desist form letter and send it to them. Just sign Chuck's name at the bottom. He won't mind.

I tried that once. They asked, who the hell is SC500? Guy has us all punked. Hehe.

Get an employee, coworker or friend a burner phone at WalMart. Have them place a large order every week to a different fake address. Have them always say that the sales guy calling you sent them and told them to say that so he gets credit. Eventually he'll go away one way or another.

I know a guy.

Sells computers. Trying to get the weekly bonus- a waterpik.

Third prize is you're fired.

One F-Bomb in video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wVQPY4LlbJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Depends on what you are selling and how you obtained their number.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom