Salman Rushdie stabbed in NYC... (1 Viewer)

Sad. I hope he recovers fully. I'm amazed he tries to make public appearances at all. Many will never forgive him for the book and still believe he should be killed for it.
Heck, I had a coworker in New Jersey who told me he believed Rushdie deserved to be killed for it, and he didn't come across as an extremist at all. He certainly isn't the type who would have rushed up to stab him, but I'm sure he would nod approval over someone else doing it. Rushdie simply will never be free of that stigma. Praying for his full recovery and future safety.

Many news sources reported the location incorrectly, but Rushdie was not attacked in NYC, rather it was four hundred miles away in the tiny, scholarly, verdant town of Chautauqua, a short distance from Lake Erie and more than 6 hours from Manhattan. Governor Hochul's words, " A very tranquil, rural community . . . where the most preeminent speakers and thought leaders and politicians and justices, and everyone come together to have the free expression of thought.”

Making it all the more unpleasant that now it is also the place where an essential writer got stabbed in the neck.

I hadn't heard anything about Rushdie in years. Where's old Salman been hanging?

Last edited:
Sad. I hope he recovers fully. I'm amazed he tries to make public appearances at all. Many will never forgive him for the book and still believe he should be killed for it.
Heck, I had a coworker in New Jersey who told me he believed Rushdie deserved to be killed for it, and he didn't come across as an extremist at all. He certainly isn't the type who would have rushed up to stab him, but I'm sure he would nod approval over someone else doing it. Rushdie simply will never be free of that stigma. Praying for his full recovery and future safety.

“completely insane stigma”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom