Salty Seattle Fan (1 Viewer)

BreauxFist

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect the football equivalent of War and Peace in a comment section. It's funny reading how hypothetical Mr. McLerran's points are regarding my comment about Seattle's offense.

:scratch:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/...mail&utm_content=read_more#comment-2979983573

You realize that the Saints were up just 5 points at the end of the game, don't you? You realize that the Saints scored a TD on an illegal pick. How about if those 7 points are replaced by just 3 points. Then the Falcons are up just 1 at the end of the game. The Seahawks were at the Saints 10 yard line and had the clock stopped with 0:02 left in the game. Kick the FG and the Seahawks win the game.

Of course, throw a flag for the pick on NO's last possession of the game when they were gifted 20 yards on a 3rd and 5 from the Seahawks 45. Push them back to their own 45 with a 3rd and 15. What is the likelihood of NO getting into FG range facing 3rd and 15? They were only up 2 at that point in time. So the Seahawks would still have won the game with a FG.

Want to try again, see if you can make a legitimate point?

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
The refs giveth and the refs taketh away. All I know is that, of all the teams one could whine about getting favors from officiating, the Saints have to be somewhere between 30 and 32 on the list.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
So what. IMO, (and I saw the play from the end zone), that pick on the TD was legit. There was nothing illegal about it.

The other one, on the other hand, we got away with one. But with the way we've gotten flags in the past, I say the refs owe us a few more no-calls.

Perhaps Seahawks should be crying to Lynch to come out of retirement and help them build an offense again than to complain about plays that didn't go their way for once.

saints4life25

Who Dat?!?!
Reaction score
Ask him about the Julio Jones PI on Sherman at the end of that game and if he wamtef to get into hypotheticals on non-calls.

OP
BreauxFist

BreauxFist

Rookie
Reaction score
So what. IMO, (and I saw the play from the end zone), that pick on the TD was legit. There was nothing illegal about it.

The other one, on the other hand, we got away with one. But with the way we've gotten flags in the past, I say the refs owe us a few more no-calls.

Perhaps Seahawks should be crying to Lynch to come out of retirement and help them build an offense again than to complain about plays that didn't go their way for once.
Agreed. I haven't seen so much whining after an NFL contest before, really a bunch of sore losers. The Seahawks offense of old would have been able to overcome so missed calls either way, and gloated about the victory. Screw 'em.

OP
BreauxFist

BreauxFist

Rookie
Reaction score
Ask him about the Julio Jones PI on Sherman at the end of that game and if he wamtef to get into hypotheticals on non-calls.
Believe me, I did. That's what got his panties in a bunch—

Try again. Julio might want offsetting penalties and a do-over, at best. Julio used a head slap to get off the LOS on that play. Where was the flag for that head slap?

For that matter, Cassius Marsh had a bead on Ryan a couple of seconds before Ryan got off the throw. So, why didn't Marsh get a sack - or at least a hurry - on Ryan? Because he was tackled by the Falcon's LG. Where was the flag for that?

But I can see why fans around the NFL have gone crazy over Sherman's PI. Because every outlet in the country replays just the end of the play where the focus is only on Sherman's PI. NFL films set up that PI nicely by showing Julio getting off of the LOS and then cutting to Julio trying to make the catch. The problem with the NFL films production? They had to cut in a clip of Julio getting of the LOS from a completely different play. They wanted no part in documenting that the Seahawks were NOT beneficiaries of the refs largess.

The other problem with your myopic view of that last play is that Luke Willson was interfered with in the END ZONE earlier in the game. The Seahawks should have had 1st and goal out of that, but the refs didn't throw that flag either. If the Seahawks had had 1st and goal, chances are the Seahawks would have been up more than a TD when Ryan threw that desperation pass to Julio. At least, that is as good as the chances of the Falcons moving further downfield to get into FG range because they weren't yet in FG range where PI would have been called.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Just send him a gif of the pick that beat them in the Super Bowl two years ago.

WR drives straight off the line into the DB and drives him into the end zone. Problem is the outside WR looped in a little bit instead of driving straight for the goal line, and Wilson led him instead of throwing the ball into his gut or his left hip.

They're just mad because they're doing it wrong. :hihi:

Yet another reason everybody wants to punch Pete Carroll in the ****.

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let me get this straight...

A SEAHAWKS fan is complaining about the other team not getting flagged? Please. If you lined up every flag that should have been thrown on that defense over the last few years, it would circle the Earth twice.

Chris

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. They are taking this loss hard from everything I've read. This one stung for them and I'm loving it.

cuddlemonkey

Veteran
Reaction score
Poor babies. Poor, misguided, babies...

Seahawks opponents have been called for the fewest number of penalties each of the past three years, while the Seahawks have been called for most or second-most in that span. They aren't "getting away" with anything.
Not even remotely true.

Brees2Graham4Six!

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Just run the pick play right... Seriously you are allowed to block 1 yard from the LOS or run a route toward the defender. If you look like you are running a route and don't stick out your arms the can't call that. Just don't use your hands to block the defender it's so simple.

Sorry the Saints and Patriots coach our WRs well... But by all means keep running the play wrong and keep complaining about how targeted y'all are. Their passing offense uses few if any high level concepts and just relies on Wilson and the scramble drill. Get over yourselves and improve.

Saintfan in Dallas

Go Dogs!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let me get this straight...

A SEAHAWKS fan is complaining about the other team not getting flagged? Please. If you lined up every flag that should have been thrown on that defense over the last few years, it would circle the Earth twice.
maybe three times!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom