Alert! Sam Mills to be inducted into Saints Ring of Honor on Thursday night (1 Viewer)

One of my favorite all time Saints . This was the man that studied like Drew Brees on the other side of the ball and knew all of the opponents plays before they hiked the football. I laughed when former Falcon OL Jamie Dukes said "man were lining up and looking at who we have to block and Sam would be verbally calling out our plays before we could snap the football"

All of the Dome Patrol should be in there. Are Swilling and Johnson in there?

Of all the Saints who during that era made a mass exodus to other teams like Morten Andersen, Bobby Hebert, Craig Heyward and on down the line, the one that hurt my heart the most was Sam. I was never more disappointed in our FO than I was at that time. It was something that should have never happened. It was eating Mora up at the time and forced him to quit after that Carolina game. Having said that, I am glad to see the man get his due

I really wish the would put the Dome Patrol in the ring of honor as just that. It would so cool to look up there and see the Dome Patrol at every home game. Really glad to see Sam Mills getting the credit he deserves though, it's awesome.

Could be way off. During the Katrina season I remember there were plans to give him a banner like Archie, Dave Dixon. Seemed like it was never mentioned again?

5’9”, division 3, USFL…..and he became one of the greatest middle linebackers in NFL history. The intensity in his eyes right before the snap! You could hear the pop when he made his tackles, often in the backfield. Sam would call out the other teams plays before the other team had a chance to set. Smart, dedicated, no fear. I knew 30 years ago that he was someone special and I feel so honored to have seen him play in person. He’ll always be a Saint to me. Whodat Sam and congrats on your well deserved honor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom