Sam Mills (1 Viewer)

If Pat ever receives any consideration, it'll be years down the road. I don't think Vaughan Johnson will ever receive any.

Our linebackers played in the era of a lot of defensive legends. As good as our linebackers were, we never won a playoff games. They had to compete for recognitions with the likes of Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Bruce Smith, Derrick Thomas and countless others. I really don't see them getting in, especially great players that couldn't pass the first or second ballot.

I have thought about this too. They need to have a statue of all four players in front of the dome or each statue guarding each corner of the Dome.

I've never thought of that. That could be the most epic thing in the history of earth.

My mythical vote for this is hereby registered and counted :mwink:

I really like the idea but that may be a rather large project to take on. I believe there was a thread on here a few years or so talking about the possibility of having all four done in statues and someone chimed in regarding the pricing of it all and I believe it was in the neighborhood of $150K or more per statue. Now I know Benson as the coin, but would it be something he feels like spending it on?

Another thing regarding the placement of the four statues, if they're placed at the 4 corners of the Dome, that would put the Gleason statue having to be moved along with the other statue between Gates A and B, I think it's a war memorial statue?

Glad you approve. I thought it would be cool to do that ever since I saw the famous Dome Patrol posters

I'd be all for them being lined up right in front of Gate C of the Dome. That way right as you walk up the grand staircase from Champions Square... BOOM, staring into the face of the Dome Patrol as opposing QB's used to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom