Sam Mills (1 Viewer)

I really hate that Carolina "claims" Mills now after just three seasons playing there (yes I realize he coached there too). I just wish we could have kept him in N.O. That statue belongs in front of the dome.

Nothing is stopping us from having one here. Not to take away from Sam's time here but I believe he meant more to the Panthers franchise though as they were a start up and he was the very first leader on that team. His time here he was one of many leaders on this team, but in Carolina he was the guy that kept everyone else in order.

He'll go in as a Saint. Carolina is dillusional to claim him as there own.

NFL players do not go into the HOF as a member of any team. All teams they played for are listed. They get a bronze bust but no team emblem is on it.

NFL players do not go into the HOF as a member of any team. All teams they played for are listed. They get a bronze bust but no team emblem is on it.

While this is correct, some of the merch they sell of the inductees is team affiliated. For example, I got this email from the NFL this morning. Notice the team listed and colors used in addition to the hat's logo. :hihi:

79a7f8fa5c05cd9b9d52f7ceb7f0466b_zpsijaw4j6s.jpg

Sam mills was one of my favorite saints

They said he was too small and in the NFL world of the 80s and 90s he proved them wrong

Would mills really be too small for today's NFL?

Or would the field mouse get it done today too?

While this is correct, some of the merch they sell of the inductees is team affiliated. For example, I got this email from the NFL this morning. Notice the team listed and colors used in addition to the hat's logo. :hihi:

79a7f8fa5c05cd9b9d52f7ceb7f0466b_zpsijaw4j6s.jpg

Very cool. Just please promise me that Morten's hat doesn't have a dirty bird on the other side!

Give it some time. Sam Mills has made the Semi-Finalist list the past two years in a row.

As a fan though you are allowed to nominate him every year which gets him on the candidate list.

#56 was my favorite as a kid but I don't know if he's a HOFer. I don't think Vaughan will ever be considered. Sam Mills would be much closer.

Why isn't there a statue of The Dome Patrol outside of The Dome? I think the organization needs to do a better job of honoring our legends.

I would love to see Mills in the HOF. Hope his name starts getting thrown around soon.
The Saints need to immortalize the Dome Patrol with Statues outside the dome.

I have thought about this too. They need to have a statue of all four players in front of the dome or each statue guarding each corner of the Dome.

There's nothing wrong with Carolina lauding Sam Mills. The guy is a (rightful) legend.

It's petty to say "we're the only one's allowed to recognize his greatness".

There's nothing wrong with Carolina lauding Sam Mills. The guy is a (rightful) legend.

It's petty to say "we're the only one's allowed to recognize his greatness".

Yeah, it used to bother me, but, if anything it speaks to the caliber and character of Mills to be so appreciated by two fan bases. It's hard to not like the guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom