Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo Admit To Bets Based On Performance [Merged] (1 Viewer)

Yes, because we know that all of the good players play at 110% on EVERY play...

Sam's biggest issue isn't his play. It's his mouth. He's been a terror since he arrived in Baton Rouge. Sometimes a drop in stats is just not a very good season, especially when compared to very good seasons. What are people going to say when Brees throws for less than 5,000 yards next year?

If this guy is stupid enough to say these things openly to the media prior to the draft, then he's to stupid for me to want on my team.

This guy just cost himself millions and for what? What did he have to gain by it? Nothing.

Couple that with LSU staff blasting him negatively when NFL personal interview them about Montgomery.....

Heck, I'd be shocked if he went in the first 45 picks.

All he did was say what everyone already knows...you really think that every player walks into a game against Idaho with the same intensity that they do vs. Florida, A&M or Alabama? I hope he does drop to the third round and we can get him there....we'd be foolish to pass him up then.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I am a big LSU fan also and he wasn't the only doing this against idaho. All of Les' teams at LSU play to the level of their competition. Why you think its always close no matter who they play?

has he really just done that :jpshakehead: the only thing i can think is a team has fallen in love with him and he wants to go to them and they need him to fall to them??

Its one thing to underestimate an opponent....but to not play with effort is just not good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.

Doesn't seem as though Sam needed to open his mouth about betting and effort... LSU is doing a good enough job at it. He definitely should have gotten advice for these interviews

There must be more to this story. There's no way LSU or any other university would slam a former player without just cause. They must have had a falling out of some kind. But over what?

Mingo and Montgomery involved in bounties

Montgomery admits bets with Mingo, lack of effort at LSU | ProFootballTalk

Montgomery said he and Mingo (who many expect to be a top-10 pick, while Montgomery is projected as a late-first) had a $500 bet on who had more sacks in the final game, $1,000 on season sacks along with the big wager on draft status.

“Here’s the thing: Hard work, and betting like that, pushes greatness,” Montgomery said. “That’s actually motivating me and Mingo. It’s not about the money, it’s about pushing us, at the combine and the drills in between. That’s what is pushing us to be the best.

Goodell to suspend HC and GM of whoever drafts them.

I strongly disagree with the title. The NFL has clearly defined what they did as a "bounty", not a "bet based on performance". LSU obviously runs a bounty program and I fully anticipate stiff penalties imposed by Goodell.

...I realize they fall under NCAA jurisdiction. Do you really think Goodell. Cares about that?

Doesn't seem as though Sam needed to open his mouth about betting and effort... LSU is doing a good enough job at it. He definitely should have gotten advice for these interviews

Fits right in with that picture I posted a while back. Some people tried to spin it as a motivational ploy but it's now obvious it wasn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom