Same GamePlan Next Week (1 Viewer)

St. PJ

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Due to the style of defense the Jets play, I think to be succesful and come away with a win, we will have to play exactly as we played today.

I am very happy we rushed for over 200 yards on repeated rushing attempts mostly between the tackle (and its not like we broke 3 60yrd runs). The quick pressure they were able to get on Drew, and how well they played the short passes-- the interior run was what was needed to counter that.

The fumble-- it seemed Drew was getting a little impatient and waiting uncharacteristically too long to throw the ball. But if you notice, since that play, he had been content to throw it away, throw it short, or just hand off. What I am saying is that the fumble was Drew's fault, but he learned from his mistake and really took care of the ball in a close game and didn't try to force anything or make anything happen that wasn't there throughout the rest of the game.

The reason I point that out is because I think the Jets will frustrate Drew much the same way. I think they will get great pressure, but I do think if we can run it like today, the playaction will help tons. Id really love to see us get good on screens much like we were when we had Jerry Fotenot.

Anyway, major kudos to Special Teams, even though they gave up that TD, the punter and coverage were awesome today. And of course major thumbs up to the defense. Today we saw what GW is about when he smells blood.

I doubt we can run on the jets as easily as we did today

Well, you better believe they will blitzing just as much as the Bills were. Just to try and get Brees off like today. won't happen two weeks in a row.

Our line matches up better against the Jets. They have awesome DT's and we have awesome guards.

It will be our offense vs. their defense. Our Defense will make Sanchez look like a rookie and not a star!! The thing that I think stands out most is our Secondary!! They did great against three good receivers and they are doing it quietly...can't wait until we solidify ourselves against the Jets.

It will be our offense vs. their defense. Our Defense will make Sanchez look like a rookie and not a star!! The thing that I think stands out most is our Secondary!! They did great against three good receivers and they are doing it quietly...can't wait until we solidify ourselves against the Jets.

Defensively, I'm more worried about their x factor Leon Washington, as a WR. They did well against Jackson today, but the Jets have a much better offensive line than the Bills. The Bills had a different person starting at every position on the o-line than last year, including two rookies and a guy that before this season had no starts, as well as a new RT this week after they lost their starter last week. Sanchez may be unexperienced, but we were so successful against Edwards because he had very little time. Yet when he had time, he found the slot WR, Josh Reed, often, for plenty of critical 3rd down conversions. That's where Leon scares me.

It will be in the Dome on a field the Saints trust (no slipping and sliding), so I'm confident our offense regains the form of our previous two games. Jets will have to play lights out football on both sides of the ball to have a chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom