Same Old Saints?? (1 Viewer)

Errr... no.

The Eagles are a quality team, picked by many pundits to win the confernence championship (for what that's worth). We're playing in their park, and its their home opener. Even without McNabb, this is a tough game.

Do I hope we win? Absolutely.

Do I think we will? Yeah, I do.

Is it a "must win" or else doom and gloom? **** no!

Agreed...........This game to me is a must win, but not for the reasons stated by the original poster. It's a must win for the Saints to get the upper hand in any tie-breaker scenario down the road to the play-offs. If you are the Saints, you have to grab the early advantage with this schedule getting tougher and tougher down the stretch. I will need the cushion. I know that there's a lot of football left to play after this game, but it's nice to have a tie-breaker advantage on any potential playoff contender. Keep in mind that the Eagles just spanked the Panthers, and division foe. So to beat them is another notch in the tie-breaker against the Panthers as well with the common opponents scenario.

A loss would not be the end of the world either. Just look at the Eagles schedule. They have some really tough games to play as well. Granted, they don't have the AFC East like we do, but they have to play the Giants and the Cowboys twice this season. Those are potentially 3 to four losses.

Child PLEASE!
This game is all wrapped up with a bow on it for The SAINTS! BTW: There is NO SP. Teams meltdown, you had a indecisive Reggie back there who learns from his missteps and will you all remember his multiple returns for TD's! Come on, this Defense is different, with a different mentality and the Philly's have no answer for it with Kold and while Westbrook could do it on his own, this is just too much a burden with Drew lighting it up with this Rushing game we have now!

I predict the bookies are wrong having the SAINTS as a 1pt. fav. It will be the SAINTS by AT LEAST 10~! In Philly the fans will be leaving early just as we did to Dallas and Green Bay and Detroit! Where's the faith in your own eyes? We all know what this team has done and we're better now than ever!
'Nuff SAID!

I have taken the liberty of benching the Eagle D on my fantasy team. They carried me to a huge win last week. This week...not so much. (I picked up the S-Hawks).

I think we'll drop 30 on them.

The Eagles would only be 1 loss. One loss absolutely ruins an undefeated season, but hardly puts a dent in the possibility of still having a great season.

You learn more from failures than successes.

If we lose this game, it will reveal our weaknesses. The real question is, can we overcome them? Based on our recent history, we aren't very good at that. It depends on how much this group of players want to win. I still think they are special, but this game may possibly change my mind.

Football is not played in a vacuum. Every year after week 2, there are 8 losing teams learning from their mistakes, and scrambling to improve. The Saints job is to improve more than the others.

I have taken the liberty of benching the Eagle D on my fantasy team. They carried me to a huge win last week. This week...not so much. (I picked up the S-Hawks).

I think we'll drop 30 on them.

Like I said before in preditions:
Saints 31
Eagles 20

Since this is a "must win" what happens if we lose?

Will you all stop posting and give up completely on the season? Are the Saints eliminated from playoff contention?

If something is truly a must win then consequences must reflect that.

Face it, this isn't a must win. It's a game you all want to win. Doesn't mean we "must win" this game or the season is over. Calling this game a "must win" is just like calling every game against a bad team a "trap game." These phrases are losing all meaning from constant over usuage in the wrong situations.

This game is a MUST WIN if we want to shed the old stigma. If we cannot beat Philly when they are minus their leader then we are not for real. Like it or not that's the way it is. We have mega talent and folks are healthy. This is a game that we SHOULD win hands down. Will we? If we are for real we will and if not....well ....SOS.

If you think there is such a thing as a MUST win game in Week 2, for a team that's started off 1-0 then I worry for your blood pressure.

Can someone define a "must-win" game for me? I hear the term used enough to be sick of it, but I'm not sure what I'm feeling sick about.

Personally, I think every game is better won than lost and that no team goes out on the field to deliberately lose. That being said, I feel that there are no "must-win" games till December, November at the earliest (although positioning for tie-breaking purposes is definitely important, as mentioned by a previous poster).

Sorry but I hold my position. You are 100% correct. The Eagles are a very good team. But so are we and the simple fact is that without DM we SHOULD win. My question is will we win a game that we SHOULD win.

To slightly lesser degree, I agree. I'm expecting this team to be special, not better. I think if this team is truly taking it to the next level, they should Phili.

Are we a 10 and 6 team that beats who we should and loses to the better team and sneaks into the playoffs??

OR are we a 13 and 3 team that beats everyone and loses a few close games and powers thru the playoffs as the favorite? This is what i'm hoping for. A SPECIAL team.

If we lose, it's not the end of the world but we are what we think we are and what are record shows. I'm just hoping we're better than that and if we are, we should beat Phili and if we don't, we're not as good as we all think we are. Simple as that.

I agree to the point that this should be a must win game to get the nan-sayers off of our back-side. Will it ruin the season - NO. The Saints have not played any good teams yet. But you know that after the Saints win everyone will be saying it was due to not having the main quarterback playing or playing injured.

Football is not played in a vacuum. Every year after week 2, there are 8 losing teams learning from their mistakes, and scrambling to improve. The Saints job is to improve more than the others.

Then the other 8 losing teams after week 2 must usually be the Lions Raiders Rams Browns Broncos Bengals Bucfaneers and Chiefs

I agree to the point that this should be a must win game to get the nan-sayers off of our back-side. Will it ruin the season - NO. The Saints have not played any good teams yet. But you know that after the Saints win everyone will be saying it was due to not having the main quarterback playing or playing injured.

The fact that we are favored to win by the odds makers proves that they think Philly is too banged up to ink this win. One thing I can promise to you tough, win or lose, I won't lose faith either way. I still believe that this is the Saints' year and will not stop believing that until they are offically eliminated from the playoff run or crowned World Champions!

i disagree...your like the media.just becuz it looks good on paper doesnt make it a good matchup on the feild :idunno:if saints lose this weekend it doesnt mean there the same old saints,:9:The Saints organzation are doing whatever they have to do to put a good product on the feild,so NO win or lose this isnt the Same Old Saints!!!! exciting years ahead for all us saints fans.

Agreed, lose and I don't consider this the same ole saints and they have put a great product on the field but lose and I don't think this team is going to the superbowl. Superbowl teams win these kinds of games.

yeah its a MUST WIN - not like those other 14 games. as long as we win THIS ONE GAME we get a superbowl. if we lose this game, just hang up the cleats, season's over. time to fire payton, draft a new qb, and start from scratch.

how do people do this around here... oh yeah... /sarcasm

I think you're missing the point. Most people seem to be saying that we should win this game IF we're a superbowl type team. If we don't win then we'll probably be about what we've been the last two year but with a couple more wins and an early out in the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom